cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started: now getting invalid sim after using previous button

sboutin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was almost done with 'getting started' and needed to make sure I had entered my friends referal code before entering my payment info. So I used the previous button at the bottom of the page to go back (not the browser back button). But now when I am at  the first page and hit continue I get the message 'Invalid SIM' and can't continue to the next page. Could it be that part of the process was registered and that the SIM card number is already in the system without a plan associated to it? How can I get back to finishiong my registration?

6 REPLIES 6

Kylie34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The same thing happened to me when I first signed up. I asked the same question and everyone said to just wait but I didn't want to wait so what I did was just closed the tab and then went right back on after and it worked no waiting necessary. Hope this helped

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sboutin  insert the sim in you phone to see if it connects to the network. If yes, then Click here to register your selfserve account.

If not, then wait an hour for the session lock to clear before trying to activate your card again.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to refresh page and start registration over again, after a reasonable amount of time has passed.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@sboutin wrote:

I was almost done with 'getting started' and needed to make sure I had entered my friends referal code before entering my payment info. So I used the previous button at the bottom of the page to go back (not the browser back button). But now when I am at  the first page and hit continue I get the message 'Invalid SIM' and can't continue to the next page. Could it be that part of the process was registered and that the SIM card number is already in the system without a plan associated to it? How can I get back to finishiong my registration?

You'll have to wait an hour. Never click back. It locks the sim out temporarily.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sboutin wrote:

Using the back button is not a good idea.  You can clear your cache/cookies, and use incognito mode in a new/different browser. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sboutinYou will need to wait for an hour for the SIM# to get rejected by the system and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.