cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated Sim over 3 hours ago still emergency calls only

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is 950pm now and I activated at 6pm and still no signal and it says emergency calls only, I resetted phone many times and re-inserted sim amny times too. Got emails saying it activated, but can't login to self-serve account, phone is unlocked.  Can moderator help me?

32 REPLIES 32

TheGx

@Lieux wrote:

@TheGx I give you the badge of PERSEVERANCE!!!! Thank you for your nice attitude and your patience. It would be nice if it could be an example here!!!!

Hahaha, thank you Lieux, and thank you to you and everyone who gave me the "Bravos" too! Being with Public was worth waiting the 24 hours for, I like how whole canada is one zone, none of the away zones charges or roaming charges etc.  Also, I like how I never exceed the plan I chose, unlike other companies nickle and dime me for unintentional usage over and above my plan - plus the discounts etc of course, hopefully Public will offer bigger data only plans to use with portable wifi devices, then could get rid of my local internet/cable bill too.

@TheGx I give you the badge of PERSEVERANCE!!!! Thank you for your nice attitude and your patience. It would be nice if it could be an example here!!!!

TheGx

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Finally! Happy for you. And don't forget to encourage other during their activation now!!Smiley Wink

Thank you Lieux, I didn't get the number I originally choose either, which makes it worse having to wait so long and loose the number I chose too.  Hopefully no more problems now though, the moderator was very nice during the whole thing, I've asked them and hopefully they'll tell me what went wrong and how not to have it happen again - so that I can warn others not to do whatever lead to the error I had.  Loosing the number I wanted is actually worse than the almost 24 hours of uncertanty and waiting.

At lesst it's working now.  I know you lost the number you chose but at least it isn't a number you had for a long time that you lost.  Was everything fixed by the mods in the background or did you have to do stuff to fix it?

Everything was fixed by the moderators in the backgroud who said they had to send it to their engeneers because they couldn't fix it themselves, I only had to private message the moderator team to start the process and keep contact through private messages with them.  It took almost 24 hours to resolve.  When I asked what the problem was so I could warm others if I did something wrong during activation process, they said it was a "glitch in the activation portal".  They also said they made sure I got all the discounts I applied for like refer a friend and $10 per month discount etc.  I still can't create a self-serve account for some reason, so I'll have to ask them again for help tomorrow.

@TheGx wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Finally! Happy for you. And don't forget to encourage other during their activation now!!Smiley Wink

Thank you Lieux, I didn't get the number I originally choose either, which makes it worse having to wait so long and loose the number I chose too.  Hopefully no more problems now though, the moderator was very nice during the whole thing, I've asked them and hopefully they'll tell me what went wrong and how not to have it happen again - so that I can warn others not to do whatever lead to the error I had.  Loosing the number I wanted is actually worse than the almost 24 hours of uncertanty and waiting.

At lesst it's working now.  I know you lost the number you chose but at least it isn't a number you had for a long time that you lost.  Was everything fixed by the mods in the background or did you have to do stuff to fix it?

TheGx

@Lieux wrote:

TheGx

Well, my activation is finally fixed now, hopefully no more problems.  Wasn't a good experience waiting for so long without service, but at least it's over now.

TheGx

The moderator team as escalated my issues to the engeneering team now, I've been reading other posts about problems activating too, so maybe this problem is happening to more people who tried to activate too.  In one post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/NEW-SIM-CARD-NOT-WORKING/m-p/331672#M8580... they couldn't get past the select number screen.  For me the select number screen was taking over 15 minutes to load numbers to select so I presed continue and the numbers loaded after that and no other problems that I could notice, but maybe this is the cause of whatever error happened to my activation.

TheGx

The moderator team has now found some record of my activation last night, and are hopefull they can fix it soon.

TheGx

I'm very disappointed and fustrated that the automated activation process told me eveything was activated and even emailed me to confirm it and even accpeted my payment voucher etc, and in fact nothing was fine about it and I might not even be able to keep the number I chose last night. It's the uncertainty and unreliability that I hate the most when doing things online, compared to old fashion ways of dealing with people face to face who can confirm what was actually processed, instead of everything being lost by computer errors.

TheGx

Talking to moderator team now via private messages, they can't find my activation now, I 've asked them to keep trying to find any record of it - because I've already received email saying it was activated and the last screen in the activation process last night said it was activated including the $40 voucher was processed.  The suggested to go though activation process again, which I don't want to do as it means I won't have the number I chose last night, and I don't know if the voucher I used last night will work again.  So, I 'm still waiting for their reply on what's going on now...

TheGx

@hzmy wrote:

Have you emailed the moderator yet? If not do so ASAP.

Also, your phone has been previously used, right? Not any 2nd hand phone, or something that could potentially be blacklisted.

I private messaged moderator team last night and just got reply from them now and giving them my account info now too. My phone is my unlocked phone used recently used on freedom network.

@TheGx, although you know others with what you're saying is the exact same phone, are you sure it is exactly the same?  Model numbers specific to each device may be different on the phone, if it was meant for a different region, and wasn't specifically meant for sale or use in Canada.

Please use the website https://willmyphonework.net/ to verify your device is usable on the Telus Network.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you emailed the moderator yet? If not do so ASAP.

Also, your phone has been previously used, right? Not any 2nd hand phone, or something that could potentially be blacklisted.

TheGx

@RobertQc wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

Good idea about trying my sim in my friends phone, I'll do that tomorrow when see them if can't fix before that, and I'll try the APN settings now too.

@TheGx  Did you manage to do this yet?

Did you check the device status here? https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Haven't checked device status since I know lots people using exact same phone with public mobile already, I will try my sim card in one of their phones later on today.

@TheGx wrote:

Good idea about trying my sim in my friends phone, I'll do that tomorrow when see them if can't fix before that, and I'll try the APN settings now too.

@TheGx  Did you manage to do this yet?

Did you check the device status here? https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

TheGx

Almost 24 hours now and still emergency calls only.

@TheGx wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

You don't need apn settings to connect to the network. One thing at a time.  Since you can't get out of emergency calls only error, apn is waste of time.

Yeah, I tried changing APN anyways and it not work.

Of course not. Apn settings are only to get data working. It's pointless to set those when you can't even connect to the network.

TheGx

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

You don't need apn settings to connect to the network. One thing at a time.  Since you can't get out of emergency calls only error, apn is waste of time.

Yeah, I tried changing APN anyways and it not work.

@TheGx wrote:

TheGx

@TheGx To get access to your account you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To try and get your phone working check your APN settings they should look like this:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Metal1967

@TheGx wrote:

Phone is compatible, I know people exact same phone using it with Public Mobile long time already.

@TheGx 

Try your sim in your friends phone ..

TheGx

New activation.

TheGx

Phone is compatible, I know people exact same phone using it with Public Mobile long time already.

@TheGx wrote:

Thank you for suggestions, this phone is zte and it 3G, I reseted it many times already too.

Which model exactly?  Make sure it has 850 mhz and 1900 on 3g.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Is it a new activation or are you moving the phone number from another provider?

Metal1967

During activation ...first question asked is..Is your device compatible with PM.....do not skip this step...  

TheGx

Thank you for suggestions, this phone is zte and it 3G, I reseted it many times already too.

TheGx

Thank you, I'll try message them now.

Need Help? Let's chat.