cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will "CNY $10 off for 8 months" promotion ends if I change plan from $35 to $40?

sanjayjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently on $35 per 30 Days Plan with "CNY $10 off for 8 months" promotion .

I am planning to switch to 30-day plan ( $40 ) , if I switch am I going to get $10 of for remaining months?

11 REPLIES 11

cglminsky

I believe that $10 off for 8 months will stay if you keep your plan above $35/m.

@sanjayjay 

Click on the (?)  at the bottom right corner of the screen and submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Choose account specific issue and then type human. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

sanjayjay

How to check with Mod, sorry I am new, so asking

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't change the plan yourself. Try to ask moderators about your problem. Maybe they can change your plan for you without losing this promotion.

@sanjayjay wrote:

I am currently on $35 per 30 Days Plan with "CNY $10 off for 8 months" promotion .

I am planning to switch to 30-day plan ( $40 ) , if I switch am I going to get $10 of for remaining months?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@sanjayjay , Don't do it. You are better off with the CNY promotion unless you see yourself saving with the other plan!

@sanjayjay 

There was another member who had the 1gb bonus from early December who scheduled a downgrade from the $35 plan with the same lose your promo conditions. Surprise he ended up keeping the 1gb bonus. He took his chances and lucked out.

You could contact the moderators and ask if you upgrade will you keep it? I would say nothing about what happened with the other member*. If the moderator says no you can then decide if you want to take a chance on scheduling it. You will get double the data that you have now for $5 more if you do lose it. Do you call the US or international much? If not the losing the minutes isn't a big deal compared to getting a lot more data. Decide....do you feel lucky? You have to consider losing the $10 discount too....

* Could be a glitch in the system and you'll keep it....or maybe not?

Edit: When the other member scheduled the plan change on next renewal the system did not warn him he could lose his bonus...so you could test your bonuses by checking out a plan change and if it doesn't warn you then you should be ok. If it does then don't submit the change.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Normally yes, you would lose the discount as others have already explained. But since you are going up a tier, it doesn't hurt to ask message the mods to see if you can keep the discount.

The $40 plan was also eligible for $10 off, so you never know Robot Happy

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sanjayjay  you will lose the promotion if you change plan as @gblackma  mentioned.

Also to add to that

If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

Cheers

ddeep91

@sanjayjay  you will lose the promotion if you change plan as @gblackma  mentioned.

Also to add to that

If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

You can read more about it https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for... 

ddeep91

@sanjayjay  

As @gblackma  said above if you switch your rate plan you will lose the promo.

Also to add to that if you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

You can read more about it here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No you won't @sanjayjay . It was one of the rules of the promotion, that if you switched plans, the discount would be cancelled.

@sanjayjay wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.