cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the promotional offers of better data from the cell number 5213 legit?

Colls8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I get a large number of promo offers for a better cell phone plan for public mobile monthly. Are these offers legit? The number they come from is 5213. I just received one for 40GB of data for $29 dollars a month. Does this include free texting and phone calls like my original plan does? Or would the data be added to the plan  I am already paying monthly? Is this a scam? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

About 2 weeks in my brand new account I got the exact same offer - I did reply YES but I'm assuming that I will have the choice later on my plan pages before my renewal to cancel the upgrade. I hope I'm correct because I'm having second thoughts about upgrading for now.

szu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Colls8 

Yes, legit offers. 

All PM plans include international texting and calling.  This is a new plan (not an add on).

Public mobile offer these deals to encourage customers to increase their plan cost.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Colls8 

If you received an offer, these offers ARE from Public Mobile. These are called Targeted Offers. It's meant specifically for you. A lot of people don't get these offers. If you choose to say YES, then take a screenshot when you do. Your plan will change on the next billing cycle after the date it tells you the offer expires. Like with me, my offer was $22 a month (which is FUNNY to those of us who know it's 30 days not per month) for 6GB of data on 4G network. My offer ends June 18th. Because my 30 day is June 14, if I said yes, which I'm not interested at this time, it would change July 14th. 

Need Help? Let's chat.