cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does cashier from Canadian tire store NOT know on how to sell Public mobile vouchers?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I went to 2 Canadian tire stores this week. Both cashiers don't know on how to sell Public mobile vouchers belows. 

I call for CEO from PM marketing team to solve this problem. 

chch518_0-1644100169883.png

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

Canadian Tire is good for some things like hardware or housewares but not so much for pm vouchers. They used to have card danglers on the gift card rack but they have mostly moved those into the office by customer service so you cant grab the pm dangled with the voucher amount you want and hand it over to the employee.....behind the customer service counter.

If I recall correctly there were limited voucher amounts available at canadian tire $20, $40 and maybe $50. Additionally they have a fairly lengthy delay for validity. My guess is they don't become valid til the end of business day when the remit their POS credit/debit sales to their merchant services financial institution. The one time I purchased a voucher there it was a 5 or 6 hour wait until it could be loaded onto the account.

Canadian Tire gas bars are a different situation and they along with Mobil offer RTP (real time payments) that load funds onto your account by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number and they charge a $1 fee. The following is a list of retailers that offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. 7/11
  4. SDM
  5. TMS
  6. RCSS
  7. Circle K
  8. Wal-Mart

More member contributed info on pm vouchers with real examples of vouchers can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #.

@chch518   If you have Shoppers Drug Mart or Loblaws close by, try those.  I think they are more experience in handling vouchers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 : It's not really a card. Although some stores do have hanging cards. But those are just for scanning. They're not the end result "voucher".

From what I know, they have a little pinpad terminal thingy that they go in and find cellphone companies and then they ask you for which company. Then they ask you how much. They might have some set values. Choose one. Out comes a receipt type printout with a voucher code on it that you then redeem into the 611 service or the self-serve. Before you leave make sure the numbers are clearly legible.

Next for fun, try asking for instant top-up. It's reported that CT gas bars can do those. I've not had any success with them. Even prodding them with what exactly I'm asking for. Homer stare.

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did call the store manager of CT store. 

But the store manager even have no idea on this type of card. 

He told me that he has to call General Manager, his boss next time when he saw him.

This is 2nd store I came across the same problem. 

that's why I blame Public mobile marketing sales team. it is their responsibility to train them. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

This is not PM issue, it is CT that need to train their staff. It would be similar to selling a gift card. Just go to customer service counter.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Should've talk to Manager customer service on Duty at CT instead of calling Public Mobile CEO.

If a store doesnt know how to sell you a product, you talk to someone who know at store. CEO won't go and ask each store outlet cashiers about how to sell my one product in your 50000 product catalogue.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chch518 : It's what I call the Homer stare. What's a voucher? If you say the keywords "cellphone minutes" (or something along those lines) then they'll perk up. I had this happen on a few occasions early on in my time here.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chch518   

I don't think you can reach CEO or PM Marketing fellows easily.  I tried to lookup before , I cannot find anything

For your experience, it is really not a PM problem  but more Canadian Tires problem to fix.   They fail to properly train their staff to do the job.  You should talk to the store manager on the spot.  

Just like to go to replace a pair of Michelins tires for your GM  in Canadian Tires.  If they don't know how to change the Michelin's tires, you don't talk to Michelin or GM but you talk to Canadian Tires directly  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.