cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing or Adding a Public Mobile Voucher

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile Vouchers

Here's info on how you can pay by voucher. They are readily available. It's easiest to add vouchers via 611. Once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #. If added successfully you will get a verbal confirmation followed by a text from 611 confirming you have made a successful payment.

You only get two attempts at making a payment (successful or not) either thru 611 or your self serve account total combined. You the have to wait one full hour before trying again. There are limits at how many attempts you get within a given time period although that number is not confirmed ( maybe 12?) before the system will lock you out for 24 hours.

Some vouchers take up to 24 hours to become valid and loadable onto your account.

Vouchers are available at many small cellular businesses and larger retailers. The following list of retailers that all offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. 7/11
  4. SDM
  5. TMS**
  6. RCSS**
  7. Wal-Mart**
  8. Circle K
  9. Petrocan

Edit:

**Update August 7th 2022: Call ahead to your local RCSS or TMS location as it has been reported in Vancouver that my local RCSS/TMS (Grandview) no longer sells pm vouchers.😞

Wal-Mart locations may also be affected in addition to RCSS and TMS.

RTP (real time payments) are available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee and are loaded by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number.

Online payments can be made at recharge.com and ding.com for about an 8% to 26% surcharge.

More member contributed info and real examples of vouchers can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

13 REPLIES 13

@LitlLdy- At this point kind of uncertain. There was a customer some time ago that did do it on their suspended account and said it didn't restart. But they were in a bit an irate tizzy so anything could've happened. So we wait. Maybe the OP has done it 🙂

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- Thank you. I stepped through it up until paying and I see it now. Other than the processing fee there's no other extra cost. Nice. (other than interpreting the processing fee as their fee 🙂 ) I even put in an AB address and got 5%. Then your bank might charge you the e-transfer fee but that's on your side.

@dust2dust , this option is easier for me than paying $20 for a cab to get to a store to get a voucher & back home. I can only share what I have done but I wish someone would eventually post if the RTR option works on a suspended account which would be perfect! I haven’t seen it posted in the Community yet or may have missed it! If you happen to see it please tag me. 

@LitlLdy- Thank you. I stepped through it up until paying and I see it now. Other than the processing fee there's no other extra cost. Nice. (other than interpreting the processing fee as their fee 🙂 ) I even put in an AB address and got 5%. Then your bank might charge you the e-transfer fee but that's on your side.

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- So you choose an amount in the RTR option. That amount gets added to your account. You pay for that using e-transfer for $.3. Is there no other amount that you actually pay for with that e-transfer beyond the amount that you chose to add to the account? (other than taxes) Do you get a receipt?
I simply haven't gone to the extent of trying it. Maybe I should.

@dust2dust , open this link Public Mobile RTR & take a quick look. You know I word things horribly at times 😆

For instance the below is my receipt I received in my email.

Subtotal: CDN$ 15.00
Processing Fee: CDN$ 0.30
Tax: CDN$ 2.25
Payment Method: Email Money Transfer - (CDN$0.3 Processing Fee Applies)
Total: CDN$ 17.55

Edit: It isn’t pasting correctly!

@LitlLdy- So you choose an amount in the RTR option. That amount gets added to your account. You pay for that using e-transfer for $.3. Is there no other amount that you actually pay for with that e-transfer beyond the amount that you chose to add to the account? (other than taxes) Do you get a receipt?
I simply haven't gone to the extent of trying it. Maybe I should.

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- Right, but how much more than face value does muskbird charge for the RTR?
As as aside, do you know if the RTR immediately restarts a suspended account?

@dust2dust , I don’t know. I’m sorry. I only use muskbird Public Mobile RTR & it cost me 30 cents plus the tax due to I pay through e-transfer. It cost a little more if you pay using a card or PayPal which I haven’t used. I haven’t purchased any vouchers in any store. Sorry. 😔

I haven’t had my account suspended yet to know how that would work. I don’t dare try it due to it is my only phone service. Sorry I am not any help with that. 😔 

Edit: @maximum_gato would know these answers. 😃 

@LitlLdy- Right, but how much more than face value does muskbird charge for the RTR?
Adding - apart from taxes
As as aside, do you know if the RTR immediately restarts a suspended account?

@dust2dust wrote:

@JuniorZandre- In stores would not cost more than face value. Online costs a titch more, not much more. Not enough to hurt anyway. The real time payments in a store have a fee. The one that I know of, Mobil gas, is $1. The one online place that I know of from @LitlLdy using muskbird.com - LitlLdy?? - that's all you 🙂 . I don't remember.

Yes, I use muskbird.com

I pay using e-transfer which is cheaper, only cost me 0.30 cents plus the tax for my province but you can also pay using a Card or PayPal.

The  Public Mobile TopUp  is where you purchase it online & receive the pin in your email then sign into your Public Mobile Account or Dial *611 from your cell phone or Dial  1 (855) 478-2542  (1 855 4PUBLIC) from another phone.

I use the real time payment option  Public Mobile RTR  that tops it up for you. Provide the phone #, the amount you want to pay, select add to cart.

I send an E-Transfer to admin@muskbird.com   to pay for it. I received an email confirmation, within half an hour it is automatically added to my Public Mobile account without me even having to leave my home! Which this option works great if I can’t login to my account nor call 611 !

@JuniorZandre- In stores would not cost more than face value. Online costs a titch more, not much more. Not enough to hurt anyway. The real time payments in a store have a fee. The one that I know of, Mobil gas, is $1. The one online place that I know of from @LitlLdy using muskbird.com - LitlLdy?? - that's all you 🙂 . I don't remember.

JuniorZandre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it cheaper to buy the voucher from online or from Canadian tire/other RTP? if from RTP what do the charge as fees?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RossN 

Thanks! Its nice to be appreciated.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious nice work!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thank you! Merci!💛💚💙💜

Need Help? Let's chat.