cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why PM website so special lol, you have to use incognito mode?

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

7 REPLIES 7

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So many issues are created from it not updating in a timely manner. I wish they would fix it, the old design didn't have this problem.

I use Chrome on my phone and my computer, and I've had these caching issues religiously since the site "upgrade". You sure you don't have something set not to cache?

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's a low cost service, so they use low cost developers. Honestly, I don't think Telus cares much if it doesn't work well, they are happy to give people more incentive to move up to higher tier brand.

@kateyyj , customers access the self serve portal using many combinations of software and hardware platforms.  It is tricky to accommodate all scenarios.  That said the Public Mobile platform is rather finicky and there are no excuses.  I am sure they are not proud of the problems and are trying their best. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kateyyj 

I never had to clear my cache, cookies or go incognito on my browser when I login to my account on my PC or phone. I use Chrome as my default browser.

It seems to be an issue with certain browsers or the device you are using.

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when PM can be normal?

Ignognito mode is not a requiment to use the Self Serve website.  Threre are issues with Public Mobile uses cache version of the website instead of loading the current version.  Incognito mode bypasses all of the past cached content because it tells the brower to load the page without looking at the cache.  Clearing the cache (and possibly the cookies) usually gets around the website issues as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.