cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i get sim cards for free?

Admin_Support
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Just wondering if possible to buy public sim cards at free or better price.

6 REPLIES 6

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Admin_Support instead of trying to find one for Free, why don't you just buy one for $5-$10 and use someone's Friend Referral Code from a Subreddit to get the $10 back in Account Credit after Activation?

Technically this would make your SIM Card Free since you can use the $10 off your second Bill. 😏🫡🤔

(Unless you already have an Account and your looking to update your SIM Card?) - if so: Redeem Points for Account Credit if you have them Available and use the Available Funds to order a SIM Card directly from Public Mobile here: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/purchase-sim

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Canadian Cell Supplies never plan to restock Public Mobile SIM Cards unfortunately. 😪

I've contacted them multiple times since they last Carried them and they've been adamant about not restocking. 😔

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Admin_Support 

if your phone support eSIM, currently eSIM is free for new activation

You can get better price on Amazon, it was $4.99 and $8 earlier today but it is now $9.30 (sorry, Amazon price goes up and down, but it has free Prime shipping for quick delivery)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Admin_Support 

In the past, Canadian Cell Supplies online had great on PM SIM. I got mine for $2.99 around 2 years ago.

PM now have only restricted sales of SIMs to Telus/Koodo corporate stores.

Keep yours eyes on the Announcement section when PM have a flash announcement for a free SIM…it’s only good for one day!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Admin_Support 

Amazon is a source of cheaper SIM cards.  Previously sold for $4.99, now $8.  Ebay sellers will also sell SIM cards for cheaper price if you use the buyer's friend referral code.  Kijiji and Craiglist in your area may also offer cheaper SIM cards. 

For new activations, if using friend code, the $10 credit (within 72 hours) is suppose to cover the costs of the SIM card.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Better than free? Like a company paying you to take their sim cards? 🙂

A few months ago this place gave away sim cards. Maybe to get rid of some old stock or something. Other than that I don't remember ever seeing them being given away.

If your phone can use esim then new sign ups can get an esim for free.

Need Help? Let's chat.