cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A54 and VoLTE

TeddyBoom1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anybody know if Public Mobile supports Samsung A54 on VoLTE? I think it's newer than the list on the Koodo site?

7 REPLIES 7

TeddyBoom1

Recently there have been reports on RFDs that the A54 works on Public Mobile's VoLTE. Also, Telus is currently selling the A54. But, I tried a couple of IMEIs at a store a couple of days ago, and they both came up as incompatible. The model was SM-A546E and maybe the A54s being sold by Telus are SM-A546W.

Meanwhile, on my current phone, a Moto One Action, it shows 4G while I'm on a phone call:

Screenshot_20230824-020854.png

But I'm 99% sure I do not have VoLTE enabled. Very confusing!!

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TeddyBoom1 all new one from the main brand, Samsung, Motorola, Apple should work VoLTE, just not the older one

TeddyBoom1

There is a report on RFDs that the A54 is working. I still haven't pulled the trigger though, maybe soon 🙂

TeddyBoom1

Thanks, breaking new ground I guess 🙂

I'm currently on a MotoOne Action, and while it certainly does support VoLTE, I'm pretty sure it will never be supported on Public Mobile..

The A54 seems like the best value out there right now (I need SD card expansion), but I wish I had confirmation before spending money 😛

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TeddyBoom1 wrote:

Anybody know if Public Mobile supports Samsung A54 on VoLTE? I think it's newer than the list on the Koodo site?

@TeddyBoom1  - here is PM's list: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/volte

Yes, the Samsung 53 is on there. If your 54 doesn't work or are having issues with it, ask CSA if it can be enabled. Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

typo

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TeddyBoom1 

I didn't see any confirmation yet.  But given that A53 is on the list and look like all newer and Canadian models are all, I would say YES.  But of course, we need confirmation

But even it is not working today, I am comfortable to say it will be on eventually. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TeddyBoom1 

I recall the Samsung A34 was compatible so the A54 should.

There was a list by @softech of all the VoLTE compatible phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.