cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIxing SOS

vonnieb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 12 mini and have been with PM for years. It was working fine while travelling abroad through several European countries and then one day it switched to SOS mode and I couldn't receive any calls or texts and had no data. I had a Polish physical SIM when it stopped working but my home PM SIM also does not work now (It did before I left). The PM SIM also works in another iPhone and also a Samsung. When in the other phones, I can use data and receive texts but cannot receive phone calls.

I have tried the following with no change:

• tried other people's Polish SIMs
  • tried other Canadian PM SIMs
  • updated iOS
  • restarted
  • checked SIM tray for dirt
  • checked that my PM account is in good standing

Am I missing a correct setting somewhere on the phone?
What can I do to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

vonnieb

Tried resetting the network settings with no luck. And there's no VPNs running.

Any other suggestions?

vonnieb

Hi thanks for replying. Yes I am back in Canada. I will check the VPN.

There are no other active eSIM or physical SIMs on the phone and the PM SIM is enabled. I will try resetting net works, thanks.

vonnieb

I'm set up for autopay so it was being paid while away. And I checked the account, it's in good standing. Also, the SIM works in other phones.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@vonnieb 

How long were in Poland? Because your account will be closed after 90 days of nonpayment and your number will be lost and SIM will no longer work.

Call 1-855-PUBLIC from another phone and check the status of your account.

If it is still active/Subscribe then you will need to contact a CS_Agent by clicking on the Chat bubble and Submit a Ticket for an Agent to investigate the issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vonnieb are you back in Canada now?? Please not the PM sim will not work if you are outside of Canada or US 

If you are back in Canada now, check the VPN screen, make sure all VPN profiles are deleted

if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) on  Settings->Cellular  or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.

Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.