cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls and garbled audio

M-Tas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a Public Mobile customer for many years now and had no issues until the last 6 months.  We live in Port Moody, British Columbia and would like to remain a Public Mobile customer.

I've even brought my wife and daughters over to Public but we are now having issues that must be fixed if we  are to stay.

Here are the issues:

- For the last 3-6 months we are experiencing dropped calls at a high frequency.    
- Almost everyone is complaining that they can't understand us on the other side.

She has an iPhone and I have a Samsung flip phone.  This is a network issue.

Should we change plans to 3G?  Should we change plans to 5G?   what is the recommendation.

I've reset her networking in her iPhone and we are still having this issue.  

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

hi @M-Tas yes, from what I was told by support agent, Telus and Koodo have the same problem.  

@M-Tas wrote:

Thanks Chalupa_Batman! 

I wonder if TELUS and Koodo are also having this issue.  Same network - this would have to impact their entire base.  Likely means we'd have to move to Rogers (yuk) if they can't figure this out since Bell and its subsidiaries are using TELUS's network here.

Thanks again.

I'm on Telus as well on an EPP plan. No dropped calls, no issues at all. And to find out if this is happening on Koodo as well, I'm sure Koodo has forums. Even Reddit would share info that like.

M-Tas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Chalupa_Batman! 

I wonder if TELUS and Koodo are also having this issue.  Same network - this would have to impact their entire base.  Likely means we'd have to move to Rogers (yuk) if they can't figure this out since Bell and its subsidiaries are using TELUS's network here.

Thanks again.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.