cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used phones expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Selling used phones, lower price would be more appealing.

20 REPLIES 20

One of the big 3 carriers is offering free cell phones to seniors who are on GIS and a subsidized 3gb plan for $25/month.

Also free cell phones to youths transitioning out of foster care and a subsidized plans.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 

Yes, refurbished phones are expensive since new models come out every year. Some people want the latest and great phones and trade in the old phone. Some trade-ins are still in excellent shape.

Seem that Telus (Koodo & PM) is the only carrier that refurbish trade-ins.

I got a used backup iPhone 8 on the secondary used market. The phone was in excellent shape and came this the box, case and screen protector. Minor scratches on the screen protector and the frame was mint. The only issue was the flash charger didn’t work and can only charge wirelessly. The seller originally want $200 then reduced it to $150. When I met him to check out the phone to see if there was water damage and the charging port. He said to replace the charging port will cost over $100 at the Apple store. The water indicator seems that it was fine.

Ended getting it for $125. Took it home to check the charging port and notice that it was all filled with fluff keeping the phone in the pocket...cleaned it out and Viola... it was fine.

@softech 

I don't use social media other than a messenger account that I barely use so  I won't be going that route but I have my ways....I'm terribly disappointed in their lack of customer support and it will be my last online purchase ever from SDM.

@darlicious

Try to post of Twitter to give them more pressure.  Sometimes it works. 

Honest, I never think of getting SDM electronic online, will likely avoid after your experience.  Understand it might be more Canada Post fault than theirs, but the lack of support really upsetting   

.. hope it will turn out good  for you in the end.

@softech 

Canada post followed up immediately and i filled out all their forms within 3 days. I phoned SDM 4 times and they keep telling me they are still investigating and will email me when they conclude. They get till Monday and then I will officially dispute the transaction with my credit card. I have already notified them of my intention when I paid the charge.....that paying it was not me accepting the charge but simply avoiding interest charges and penalties.

@darlicious .. dun tell me SDM did nothing.. or you still following up with them?  They should have some insurance with trackable package... but i think this is something SDM need to open ticket with Canada Post.. and it can easily take 3 months. 😞

@softech 

To be fair I ordered a new tablet before xmas for $200 +tax and recieved it 5 days later after my roommate signed for it from the regular canada post lady. Was awarded 104,000 pc optimum points for the purchase.

This time with a similar personal offer I made a snap decision to purchase the phone for $210 + tax and completed the purchase at 11:58 pm pt. Squeaked it in and was awarded 95,000 pc optimum points for my troubles. The phone was due to arrive the following Friday according to canada post tracking. I sat at my window ( well I do this everyday since I can barely walk) waiting while it was out for delivery. When it wasn't delivered tracking changed to unknown date then monday morning it was back out on delivery....and tuesday.....and wednesday......until I got a message saying it was delivered. Which I took a double take as I had already recieved a ups package at 9am and a different package delivered by canada post at 1:30 but the SDM cp tracking and the sportchek cp tracking showed these two packages were delivered at the same time yet I only recieved one and unlike the tablet no one signed for the phone?!!

Something is very suspect.....coincidentally we also got a new mailperson that week.......

Remember, the phones from PM also come with a 1-year warranty.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious I never try order SDM online.. I am old fashion, I just go and check the stock

So, the customer service is horrible with SDM?  I thought it will be better with Loblaw as the owner.   

so, was the issue recent, how it turns out in the end??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Yes. Since any kind of electronics are difficult to find at SDM in bc and they opted out of stocktrack I ordered it online. Big mistake.....they lost the phone faster than my bf ever could!

@darlicious : The long long tentacles of ... dut dut duhhh ...the mob. 🙂

@softech 

Yes. Since any kind of electronics are difficult to find at SDM in bc and they opted out of stocktrack I ordered it online. Big mistake.....they lost the phone faster than my bf ever could!

YYCAM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Used phone in working condition are a great save. 🙂 some Entry Level phones are also Great especially from Costco.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fdrcamb519  o.. you meant PM used phones are expensive..  yes, I rather a new mid end phone than a used Top phones from PM.. And PM used phones are not really latest models.

@darlicious ,  Where you ordered?? SDM?

@softech 

Yes but their electronics return policy is terrible and worse yet is their customer service when it comes to orders online that go missing. I got a great deal on the A11 that never showed up. Its been almost 2 months since I ordered it and they haven't concluded their "investigation" yet. I will be disputing it with my credit card on Monday.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's true, @fdrcamb519 

These do come with a 1-year warranty and include a Public Mobile SIM card.

At least it's something...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Selling used phones, lower price would be more appealing.

@fdrcamb519 

Yeah, 3rd tier service, but not 3rd tier used phone prices.

🤔

Comparable prices @ www.walmart.ca

Samsung models:

A21S  $244 

A20S  $225

A10S  $184

if you are getting Android, there are some decent entry level phones at $150 to $300 range. Motorola G was $160 @costco, solid entry phone. 

And in fact, if you will to pay a bit more A51 is $350 at SDM today.  A good mid range phone 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519...

have a peek at the used cell phones offered by BestBuy.ca. Looks like prices range from $150 and up.

I got a refurb'd iPhone SE a few years back...still chuggin' along.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.