cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown international msgs being constantly sent to the same phone number

fred_dland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I looked at My Account  today and noticed that it says I have used my entire allotment of international messaging. History shows that my phone is sending outgoing messages over and over to the same 1-647-857-****. I don't recognize the number and its been going on for a long time according My Account History.  Any idea of how to proceed with resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

fred_dland

thanks, I'm thinking my apps (that have update permission) must be utilizing that number to keep up to date. It was confusing that the 1-647 number usage be display under the International Usage History. Also it appears  I do have unlimited international sms.

@fred_dland  According to Whitepages, 1 647 857 xxxx is a Telus number in Etobicoke, Toronto.

fred_dland

thanks for responding so quickly, the full number is 1-647-857-4118. the msgs fluctuated to as little as 3 minutes  My account usage maxed out on Mar 17th. I unfortunately don't have another phone to do sim test with.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fred_dland 

unless you're on a very old plan with limited texting...there are no current plans with limited texting. They all include unlimited SMS and MMS to anywhere on planet earth.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fred_dland 

Are you on the grandfather $13 plan with 50 texts per month?  

When I was on that plan when I first joined Public mobile, I also did notice background texts that were sent without my knowledge.  In my case, it was my iPhone's iMessage "connecting" to the apple server.  It did deplete my text allotment.  At that time, the customer service agent was kind enough to reset my text allotment for that month.  

If this happens too frequently, you may want to consider upgrading your plan to the $15 plan which has unlimited texts.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

647 is not international. What plan are you? All PM plans are unlimited SMS. Maybe some very old plan has a SMS limits.

Do you have some app which tries to connect with somebody?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fred_dland that 647 # you posted was not yours right? do you mind to post the number so we can help to check it out?

how freequently it sent? any pattern like every 15 mins ? or same time daily?

it is likely a device issue, try your sim card in another phone for a day and see if  still sending out the text

Need Help? Let's chat.