cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to port a telus landline to a PM cell phone

Lblaine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to port a telus landline to PM cell phone. I have the new SIM card and its activated, just trying to port the number over. Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuser1 

Thanks....I don't how I missed that the OP was porting in a landline?

@darlicious wrote:

@Lblaine 

Clear your browser and close it. Reboot your device. Open one tab only. Chrome, safari or Microsoft Edge tend to work best depending on your device. Log into your self serve account and go to the profile page to the change number section. Put your telus Sim card back in your phone. Proceed to enter the following:

1. Phone number to be ported.
  2. Full name on the account
  3. The provider (telus).
  4. The telus account #.

Check the box indicating you are authorized to port the number. You can enter an alternate phone # if you wish....spouse, parent, child, best friend, work # etc.... it's unlikely to be used. Usually only in cases of a stuck landline ported in at activation. 

Once all the info is entered and the port request sent you will need to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. Your port will likely complete within minutes. Your telus Sim card will stop working and your telus account will be closed. Telus will probably send you a "sorry to see you go" email. Put your pm Sim card back in the phone and reboot. All of your pm services should now be working. Recieving incoming calling on your pm Sim card indicates your port has completed. If your port does not complete within a half hour that indicates an issue with info you entered could be incorrect. A call to the telus porting department is in order.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

This is a landline. There's no sim for landline unless it's a mobile home phone and there's no authorization text message.  For landline, the porting form doesn't ask for account number.  It asks for mailing address.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

My Telus mobility porting to PM only took me a few minutes. Don’t forget to leave your Telus sim in your phone as they will send a text for you to confirm the change. . 

This is a landline. There's no text message for those ports.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

My Telus mobility porting to PM only took me a few minutes. Don’t forget to leave your Telus sim in your phone as they will send a text for you to confirm the change. . 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lblaine 

Clear your browser and close it. Reboot your device. Open one tab only. Chrome, safari or Microsoft Edge tend to work best depending on your device. Log into your self serve account and go to the profile page to the change number section. Put your telus Sim card back in your phone. Proceed to enter the following:

1. Phone number to be ported.
  2. Full name on the account
  3. The provider (telus).
  4. The telus account #.

Check the box indicating you are authorized to port the number. You can enter an alternate phone # if you wish....spouse, parent, child, best friend, work # etc.... it's unlikely to be used. Usually only in cases of a stuck landline ported in at activation. 

Edit:

Oops! Now that @cellphoneuser1 pointed out that I missed the important bit about a landline everything above pretty much stands except the bit about the telus Sim card and you will need to add your address. Everything below applies to mobile phone # ports. Landlines generally complete within 2 business days with telus being one if them. Once the homephone stops working and calls ring thru to your pm Sim card you port is complete if you have an online account you may still get the "sorry to see you go" email from telus.

Below applies to mobile ports only....

Once all the info is entered and the port request sent you will need to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. Your port will likely complete within minutes. Your telus Sim card will stop working and your telus account will be closed. Telus will probably send you a "sorry to see you go" email. Put your pm Sim card back in the phone and reboot. All of your pm services should now be working. Recieving incoming calling on your pm Sim card indicates your port has completed. If your port does not complete within a half hour that indicates an issue with info you entered could be incorrect. A call to the telus porting department is in order.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lblaine   simply login to My Account, go Profile , then click Change phone number, then select Transfer Phone Number.  enter your phone number and follow the steps.  

also, please note that transfer from landline can take as many as 7 days.  If you only have landline with Telus, the account will be closed upon successful of transfer.  if you have other service with Telus on the same account, when you request porting, they will as you what you want to do with the rest of the account, 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lblaine - to add to @computergeek541 post, please see further information here to do this:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Landline ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s landline account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lblaine 

Did you request porting during the activation procedure? It would’ve required you to enter the account information from your Telus service.

If you didn’t complete the process, I will send you a phone number in your private message. Check that by tapping the envelope upper right.

Please log into your Self Serve account. In the phone number change section, there an optoon to port your number in.

Need Help? Let's chat.