cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring PM line to koodos

mauraknox100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting a message saying that my account number doesn't exist. Does anyone know how to solve the issue of a PM account number that doesn't exist?

8 REPLIES 8

mauraknox100

I have sent them a message. thank you

mauraknox100

My account still active. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Is your Public Mobile account still active? If so, there may be an error and you will have to contact Koodo customer service. If your Public Mobile account is not active, you will have to place the lowest monetary amount on there to activate it. If you're not willing to do that, then you will have no choice but to get a new number. This is the only way.

It's Telus policy to allow for an suspended Public Mobile phone number to be sent to either Telus Mobility or Koodo Mobile without the customer needing pay anything to get a Public Mobile account out of suspension.  The account just can't be closed completely, but suspended is fine.

@mauraknox100 wrote:

I am getting a message saying that my account number doesn't exist. Does anyone know how to solve the issue of a PM account number that doesn't exist?

When you say account number, are you referring to the phone number or the actual account identification identifer?  Whether an account is active or closed, the actual account still does exist and is never actually deleted. Either way, while using the account number when doing a number port is better, is possible to use the IMEI instead.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mauraknox100 

For porting from PM to Koodo or Telus (Telus companies), your PM account does not have to be active.  For other non Telus companies, your PM account needs to be active

Are you able to login into your PM account?  If you are to login, you can check your account number.  

Best to contact Koodo customer service and see what they can do for you. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @mauraknox100 

Is your Public Mobile account still active? If so, there may be an error and you will have to contact Koodo customer service. If your Public Mobile account is not active, you will have to place the lowest monetary amount on there to activate it. If you're not willing to do that, then you will have no choice but to get a new number. This is the only way.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mauraknox100 wrote:

You didn't close out your old PM account before porting to Kodoo...did you ?? Your old account needs to be in good standing in order to port to Kodoo successfully.

spelling

Need Help? Let's chat.