cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription cancellation

Moe-B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I unsubscribed / cancelled my monthly data plan will I loose my current plan?

4 REPLIES 4

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@Moe-B wrote:

If I unsubscribed / cancelled my monthly data plan will I loose my current plan?

Good Afternoon @Moe-B 

If you click on unsubscribe, move your toggle to the left, your plan will stop at the end of that 30 day cycle. You will have 89 days to restart that same plan again and keep your number. If you wait longer than that, you will lose your plan and number. Hope this helps.

Unsubcribing from autopay does not necessarily cause the service to stop working at the end of the plan cycle.  If there are already enough funds in the account even with autopay disabled, service will continue.  All disabling autopay does is stop the credit/debit card from being charged automatically.

Thus is true. Since we don't know if the OP has funds in his PM account, my comment is theoretically correct. I will amend my comment to share your concerns.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@Moe-B wrote:

Good Afternoon @Moe-B 

If you click on unsubscribe, move your toggle to the left, your plan will stop at the end of that 30 day cycle. You will have 89 days to restart that same plan again and keep your number. If you wait longer than that, you will lose your plan and number. Hope this helps.

Unsubcribing from autopay does not necessarily cause the service to stop working at the end of the plan cycle.  If there are already enough funds in the account even with autopay disabled, service will continue.  All disabling autopay does is stop the credit/debit card from being charged automatically.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Moe-B wrote:

Good Afternoon @Moe-B 

EDIT: If you have funds in your Public Mobile account, enough to cover another 30 day cycle, your plan will continue for another 30 days. However, if you have zero dollars in the account, your 30 day cycle will end and your phone will no longer work. That being said, you will have 89 days to get that plan back if you choose to.

@Moe-B wrote:

Turning off subscription in your Public Mobile self serve account only disables autopay.  It doesn't change your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.