cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering my number to Public Mobule

x_mosyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new in Canada. I want to transfer my Bell number to Public Mobile. I'm looking for simple steps but it took about 2 hours to start my Public Mobile journey. Help me please.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@x_mosyo 

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy.

@x_mosyo 

The PM SIM activation will automatically entered the first 10 digits…including the four zeros. All you need to do is enter the last 9 digits.

Also, remember to keep your Bell SIM in your phone and wait for the SMS text from Bell to confirm you are porting over to PM then answer with YES to the text. You have a 90 minute window to answer to the text or you will run into porting issues.

@x_mosyo wrote:

I want to enter 19 digit sim number but my sim number is 20 digit. How can I do?

I did a google search, apparently SIM cards can be 19 or 20 digits.  I checked my Public Mobile SIM card for my account and it is only 19 digits.  I have a few spare SIM cards.  They are 19 digits as well.  Did you miscount the digits or is the SIM for a different carrier?

@x_mosyo wrote:

I want to enter 19 digit sim number but my sim number is 20 digit. How can I do?

You SIM should be like this..with 19 digits there.. please confirm

SIM Card#.jpg

@x_mosyo 

On the SIM card itself by the gold contacts, it'll be a series of:

5 digits +

5 digits +

5 digits +

4 digits

THAT is the 19 digit SIM card number. 

@x_mosyo wrote:

@x_mosyo 

Are you looking at the SKU of the SIM card packaging?

Look at the number on the back of the card itself, which matches the number on the packaging as well.

EDIT: wait a sec...unless you are looking at the BELL SIM card, because I think those have 20 digits.

If this is the case, you need to obtain a Public Mobile SIM card to activate an account/phone number.

The are currently 3.99 at CCS! https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

x_mosyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@x_mosyo wrote:

I'm new in Canada. I want to transfer my Bell number to Public Mobile. I'm looking for simple steps but it took about 2 hours to start my Public Mobile journey. Help me please.

@x_mosyo   What have you done so far?  did you complete the activation process in the 2 hours or you still not able to activate the line?

let us know what you have done.  If you have not activated yet and if you find it hard to go through the Self-Serve process, you can have local mobile store (like Walmart, Loblaws, London Drug) to help the activation

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@x_mosyo wrote:

@x_mosyo 

You can transfer your number from Bell during the activation process, here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

Check that your number is eligible number to move over here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Porting your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@x_mosyo 

Transferring Your Number Into Public Mobile During Activation

You will be provided with the option to transfer your number during the activation process. Here are some things you should know:

• Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number
  • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
  • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
  • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Old service provider brand

First and last name of account holder

IMEI Number OR Previous Provider Account Number

Complete billing address

Alternate Contact Phone Number

Alternate Contact Phone Number

For additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer. Note, that if you are transferring an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, and have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will automatically resend you the SMS text to validate the transfer up to 5 times between the hours of 11 AM and 8 PM ET. If those attempts are unsuccessful, we will send an SMS with instructions on how to reinitiate your number transfer request.

The SMS will read as follows: "Public Mobile msg: You have requested to move your phone number to Public Mobile. A message was sent earlier to authorize the number transfer. We have not received your response. To reinitiate the request, please reply ‘1’ to this text and a NEW message will be sent to authorize the number transfer. Please call our Porting Team if you need more help."

Tips:

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Please note, it may take up to 2 hours to complete mobile number transfers, and up to 3 business days for landline number transfers. You may experience mixed service during this time until the transfer is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.