cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not connecting to network

emilys200720
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

A few days ago I tried setting up my SIM card from Public Mobile. The iPhone XS I have is unlocked and is recognizing that the carrier is Public Mobile. However, after following the steps to activate my plan, my phone is not connecting to the network. Any suggestions for what I can do to activate my plan and get connected?

9 REPLIES 9

@emilys200720 wrote:

Yes, I completed the activation. With a new phone number. My self serve account says everything is active. However, in settings, under general > about, it shows the carrier is public mobile 48.0, but by network, it says “not available”. 

I’ve reset network settings with no luck. I’ve also ensured that it’s not blacklisted. I’m stumped what else to try. 

Thanks again. 

@emilys200720 

Have you tried the SIM in another phone? Or at least re-install the card?

If nothing works, it's time to contact CS:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilys200720 

can you test your SIM card in another device, to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue..

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

you can do one more time to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you can't fix it you need to try backup and Erase all content and settings,

Erase iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

How to Reset iPhone Xs - Erase iPhone / Factory Reset.

@emilys200720 

if your phone has the option to disable LTE or force 3G (aka WCDMA / HSPA mode) buried in the options, see if that makes any difference...

You may want to see if you can test your SIM in another phone... someone elses/a friends maybe? Just to better determine if it is the SIM or your phone that is a problem.

emilys200720
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I completed the activation. With a new phone number. My self serve account says everything is active. However, in settings, under general > about, it shows the carrier is public mobile 48.0, but by network, it says “not available”. 

I’ve reset network settings with no luck. I’ve also ensured that it’s not blacklisted. I’m stumped what else to try. 

Thanks again. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@emilys200720 

Try (rebooting) powering off your phone then wait a few minutes then power the phone back on.

Are you porting over your old number or picking a new number from PM?

There are extra steps if you are porting over to PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@emilys200720 , You have confirmed PM charged your account?  If you login to My Account, did it show status Acitve?  

What is showing on the phone screen?  SIM not provisioned? 

you can try to have your PM sim inside the iPhone, connect it to the computer and launch iTune and download all the updates and latest carrier profile.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@emilys200720  - IF you ported a number over to Public Mobile...did you receive a text to approve the port within 90 minutes of activation on your older provider's SIM card?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@emilys200720 wrote:

Hi,

A few days ago I tried setting up my SIM card from Public Mobile. The iPhone XS I have is unlocked and is recognizing that the carrier is Public Mobile. However, after following the steps to activate my plan, my phone is not connecting to the network. Any suggestions for what I can do to activate my plan and get connected?

@emilys200720 

You said you "tried setting up my SIM card".

Does that mean you completed the activation? 

Activated with NEW or Porting over a number from another provider?

Were you charged for the activation, and does your status on your Self Seve account say ACTIVE?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@emilys200720 , are you able to confirm that you have an active self serve account?  Try doing a network reset on the phone.  Here are typical troubleshooting steps for network connectivity issues. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

Need Help? Let's chat.