Good deal

Guihai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transfer service from Rogers to public mobility . Online service is great

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Guihai 

Welcome to PM, glad you are happy with the service.

I am curious what others carriers have on a Black Friday deals. They probably won’t come close to PM prices.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It has been such a long while, I don't recall the last time the online model was given a thumbs up.  It does keep costs down even if only some of it is shared with the customer base.  

I understand that there are some customers who are paying very little because of rewards, but I believe those to be the of the very small minority of customers.  However, the base plans themselves at Public Mobile have not been good for the longest while leaving the impression that for some customers, the only savings are being realized by Telus.  If a large amount of customers were actually paying $70 for a plan, the only people who would be laughing would be Telus and the shareholders.

😁

@will13am wrote:

It has been such a long while, I don't recall the last time the online model was given a thumbs up.  It does keep costs down even if only some of it is shared with the customer base.  

I understand that there are some customers who are paying very little because of rewards, but I believe those to be the of the very small minority of customers.  However, the base plans themselves at Public Mobile have not been good for the longest while leaving the impression that for some customers, the only savings are being realized by Telus.  If a large amount of customers were actually paying $70 for a plan, the only people who would be laughing would be Telus and the shareholders.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LeePublic wrote:

@computergeek541 At least they price dropped the 15.5 GB plan from $70 to $60. Improvements are always welcome here and it seems like PM is somewhat listening to feedback as in "the $70 plan is too much"! They probably realized there are not too many takers at the $70 price point so they decided to reduce the prices to attract high data users who may find PM rewards structure appealing.

Not too many?  I would say almost none.  Someone who's willing to pay $70 wouldn't likely be a Public Mobile customer. I see this as a case of a carrier misjudging the customer base and trying to be too many things for too many people. At the $70 price point, I would expect more data and at a much faster speed. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 At least they price dropped the 15.5 GB plan from $70 to $60. Improvements are always welcome here and it seems like PM is somewhat listening to feedback as in "the $70 plan is too much"! They probably realized there are not too many takers at the $70 price point so they decided to reduce the prices to attract high data users who may find PM rewards structure appealing.

@Guihai  Welcome to PM! 😁 Hope you'll enjoy the savings around here!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome  to PM.  

Just a reminder, PM is a prepaid service running on a 30 days cycle.  Make sure you Enable Autopay to save an extra $2.  

Enjoy the service. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Guihai wrote:

@Guihai  - Awesome to hear!

Welcome to PM. You found the Community, so now know where to go to tackle issues, learn helpful tips and idea, and keep notified on any interesting announcements or things going on.  🙂

@Guihai wrote:

Unfortunately, Public Mobile is nowhere near as competitive as it used to be compaaitively.  That's not to say that customer's can't get a good price here, but just that the offers compared to the competitors used to be much better.  Welcome to Public Mobile.  Do you have any questions?

Need Help? Let's chat.