cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer a sim card from iphone to new iphone? how?

Husband
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

need to transfer a sim card to a new iphone acquired from a friend.

11 REPLIES 11

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow @LitlLdy 

at least two friends of mind have that.  I never see a sim can be inserted the wrong way, I think there is a design flaw here with iPhone

@Husband  did you check?

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Husband 

Your sim card might be upside down, it is a very common issue on the newer iPhone, double check 

@Husband , as per @hTideGnow said, the SIM Card went in a different way (Insert the nano SIM card into the tray with the gold contacts facing the front of iPhone 14 Pro) in my iPhone 14 Pro then my iPhone 6S (Insert the nano SIM card into the tray with the gold contacts facing the back of iPhone 6S). 

Hi @Husband 

Your sim card might be upside down, it is a very common issue on the newer iPhone, double check 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Husband 

What is the make and model of the new phone you are put the SIM into?

@Husband 

what error message you got?

just for peace of mind, check if the phone was somehow blacklisted here (please enter both IMEIs) :

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada

And to check if the phone is locked:

Settings > General > About. If "No SIM restrictions" appears next to Carrier Lock, your iPhone is unlocked.

I doubt the device is locked to anyone, @Husband .   

SIM locking was ultimately banned in Canada on December 1, 2017 as part of amendments to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission's Wireless Code.

Are both SIM slots the same size to receive the corresponding SIM card?  I imagine you're using a Nano SIM on the device you had, or was it a Micro SIM size (iPhone 4 or older... and some Android models)?   

If micro, flip off the outer adapter ring and try it in the 'new to you' iPhone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Husband  If physical SIM card take out of old phone and put it to the new phone and reboot the device . If it’s eSIM you have and want a to transfer you need to buy a new eSIM from the app subscription add on page at the bottom of page shop SIM card 

Handy1_0-1692663510439.png

Husband

Sounds like it may not be. Have to start over with the )*^*&^*&^&*^% company Rogers to find out. Thanks O&O

@Husband 

is the new phone unlocked ?

Husband

no go. sounds simple but don't work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Husband 

remove sim from old phone...install in new phone...BOOM, you're good to go @

Need Help? Let's chat.