cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tranferring phone number to different provider

Ellyann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to transfer my public mobile phone number to a different provider but can't seem to get ahold of anyone at public mobile to do this. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

PeterLeung74

Sorry mis-read I though you were transferring in. Transfers are start from the new provider, you should just need your current public mobile number, account number at public mobile, SIM number at public mobile on back of sim chip, IME number from phone and SIM chip from new provider. 

PeterLeung74

You transfer numbers after you sign up for service with public mobile including payment. Then open the app to register what to do with your newly activated sim, transfer or new number etc.

PeterLeung74

You may want to check your text messages for a text request approval to transfer your number. WHICH you need to reply to within 90mins. Your old sim should stay in your phone until this process completes. I would reply then call your old cell provider and ask them to verify it is okay first then put in new sim chip.

You need to submit a ticket, open the app on your phone, bottom right for support, then select chat option, answer automated questions, eventually they'll ask about transfer. Then afterwards you'll get a ticket. It takes a while for this process they'll want your old number, your old cell provider name, a number that they can call you at, phone's ime number and the sim card number from your old provider. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ellyann 

Your new carrier are to help you port over to them but your PM account must be active and keep the PM SIM in your phone and wait for the text from PM confirming you are porting out.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you don't need anyone in PM, you just need to start the process with your new service provider

only think you need to do, login to My Account, go to Profile and get your account number there.  You will need to give the PM account number (not IMEI) to your new service provider for the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.