cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texts

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

why is it that sometimes I receive my texts hours later or even the next day when i text with my wife or sister who also has Public Mobile

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@denis2 wrote:

why is it that sometimes I receive my texts hours later or even the next day when i text with my wife or sister who also has Public Mobile

@denis2  - Are you or your wife, sister Android users?

Chat Feature may be enabled on the devices, and have some nice features, but only work best when you and/or your recipient have data on or in wifi.

So, if you have this on, I would suggest turning it off and see if that improves things.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@denis2 

Try these troubleshooting tips to see if it fixes your issue as its unlikely a CSA can fix the issue from the network side.

1. Reboot your phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Clear your messaging app's cache.
  4. Reset your network settings.

Test after each tip by sending a text message to see which one fixes the issue.  Report back your results.

Edit:

The problem you are experiencing is likely a poor connection to the network. Airplane mode should do the trick but starting with the simplest troubleshooting tip is always best.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

SMS usually arrives within seconds. If there is significant delay, most likely network is overwhelmed or there are some issues with cell towers.

Remember: to send/receive MMS you have to have DATA on. It will not use your data allowance but it has to be on.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, you just lost me , I just use the text icon on my phone, 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@denis2   Any chance they are sent to you as MMS which need Mobile data ?  or using iMessage/RCS which need either mobile data or Wifi?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@denis2 

That's unusual, and the most likely culprit is poor network coverage. I would suggest you report this to PM so they can investigate the network in that area.

To do so, please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details.

Need Help? Let's chat.