cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporarily suspending account

paulandadriana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling to the states and I will have a 3 month plan with a us provider and I was wondering if I could suspend my account will public mobile for December January and February and then reactivate it in March. This is so I did not have the to pay public mobile for those month I will not be using my Canadian number. This way I can keep my phone number when I return. The plan I have in the states does not allow for a Canadian number to be transferred.

Is there a phone number to call public mobile? I called 604-279-4854 and got a phone message that said they were closed to April 2020. Is there agents to answer the phone?

4 REPLIES 4

HI @paulandadriana 

yes, you just need to turn it off on My Account.  Payment, Manage Subscription and disable Subscribed.

If your next renewal is on the 2nd, you can actually turn it off now, no need to wait till 1st 

And remember , you only have 90 days to come back to pay and resume service.  Try to come back couple days before that (in case you have problem login) and make a manual payment to resume

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, when you toggle the "subscribed" switch off, it will automatically disable your autopay. You should toggle that off when you are leaving for the US since you said you already have a US provider. Your account should be good as long as you pay your bill once within 90 days. 

paulandadriana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thankyou for your response Abheer

I have an auto pay set up with public mobile will that stop when I go to the manage subscription? My payments are on the second of the month so should I turn off my subscription on the first?

Thanks 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @paulandadriana 
To suspend your account, go to Payments > Manage Subscription > and toggle the subscribe switch off. To not completely lose your phone number, you must pay your bill once before 90 days. 
image_2023-11-15_123638934.png

Abheer_0-1700073425554.png

Abheer_2-1700073454813.png

There is no phone number to call for customer support. You can ask here, and if we can't solve your issue, we will send you a link to send a message to customer support.

Need Help? Let's chat.