cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to new device

sap22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please tell me how do I switch from an older phone ( that may no longer work for certain apps, etc)  to a newer phone.  Do I need a new Sim card?  and what are the steps involved...tried the "CHATBOT"  but it wasn't understanding my question....

6 REPLIES 6

@sap22  "shoot...i ordered one already....can i use the new one?"  If you ordered it from PM it could take a while to arrive.  If your old one fits maybe easiest to use that and keep the other as back-up or sell/pass it on to someone else.

@sap22 wrote:

shoot...i ordered one already....can i use the new one?

You can still use the one you have now. When the other one comes, use it as a back up just in case or invite one of your friends to join Public Mobile and sell them the card. Just make sure they use your referral code so you get $1 off per month they stay and they get $10 off their second month.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sap22 

Also, if your new phone just happens to take an eSIM, you can purchase one of those via this link. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

sap22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

shoot...i ordered one already....can i use the new one?

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @sap22 ,

If you have a physical sim card, you can simply swap out your sim from your old phone and slide it into your new device! In some occasions, you might need to insert your sim card into any adapter if it doesn't fit into your new device. 

Andy85_0-1700781542685.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sap22 

no new sim card needed, the same one is good enough. Take it out from old phone and put it in the new one

if the sim card is too big on the new phone, still no worries, there should be spacer around that you can remove easily to make it smaller and fit the new phone. .  

Need Help? Let's chat.