cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to finalize purchase of Add-on

JayNathanson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a 15-day USA phone/data Add-On on November 7 without problem. I needed to renew it today and was able to add the $30 to my account and the system appears to process the $30 purchase. However, when I then look at my account, the $30 is still there and no Add-on is active, although it appears as though some aspects of the last Add-on may still be active? I still can’t make any phone calls here in the US; I get a message saying my minutes have run out. Help, please.

IMG_1007.pngIMG_1008.png

and when I try to activate the Add-On the system says that it has charged the account and activated the Add-On, but my account page then says that the $30 is still in my account and no add on is active.

8 REPLIES 8

self solution removed/solution re-assigned

JayNathanson

Thanks, all for your help and comments. The 24-hour post-Add-on period has now passed and I was able to repurchase the Add-on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JayNathanson , to Public Mobile's defence these add-ons were generally designed as a one off type purchase for customers.  There was no expectation that they would be used in a recurring fashion.  There are different alternatives for customers who need longer term roaming in the US.  Also changes were made some time ago to restrict add-on purchase to prevent repurchase until the after ongoing add-on expires.  Roaming add-on start right away upon purchase.  From time to time customers accidentally made multiple purchases causing the same add-on to be active concurrently.  The fix is not perfect, address one issue, create a different one.  Hope this puts perspective on the situation.  

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JayNathanson wrote:

That’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You’re saying that every time I need to extend my stay in the USA beyond 15 days I have to be without any phone/data for 24 hours?

Just spitballing here, but are you in the US now? The PM Canada-US plans are pretty good right now (especially if you're a QC resident with QC number). It looks like you bought the talk&text&data for $30. I have 3 suggestions for the immediate need:

(1) as someone suggested, could you buy talk&text and data packages separately for $40? It's $10 more but if you need it you need it (someone tell me if that doesn't work). If you're still in US in 15 days, get the $30 3-way package.

(2) again depending on your needs, you could get into a US-based MVNO for (say) U$15 net (after big red retailer gift card) for 3 months, which would then bridge tomorrow (or today, whatever), then you buy PM $30 roaming package again after waiting a day, and you would need again in another 15 days. Different number for the day though.

(3) back to Canada-US plans, book an immediate change to whatever's available ($45 if you're based in QC, $65 elsewhere) then the next day book a change on next renewal back to your current plan if available.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't see the red 0/15 counter for text and talk. Did you only buy data on the 7th? It's interesting that the minutes and text boxes don't show the day counter. Click on the little spinner refresh icon below the shop add-ons button to make sure you're seeing current info.
When you no longer see the 0/15 day counter then you can re-buy the same add-on. Or as suggested, ask support. Or when it gets to 0/15 then you can buy a different named add-on. What did you originally buy on the 7th? Look in your payment history and let us know.

Hi @JayNathanson 

technically yes.  But as I said, you can submit a ticket with CS agent for them to help process it immeidately

or you can try to buy a different roaming add-on, like if you get the 3GB talk/txt bundle, get anything else and you don't need the wait.  But as i said, agent can help to rebuy for you immieately

and if you go US a lot, think about those Canada-US plan, even one trip a month is already better than buying the bundle 

JayNathanson

That’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You’re saying that every time I need to extend my stay in the USA beyond 15 days I have to be without any phone/data for 24 hours?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@JayNathanson 

if you rebuy the same US roaming addon, you need to wait 24 hours after the first one expired

So, in your situation, please submit a ticket for CS agent to look into it and help to rebuy immediately for you

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.