cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone

TD156
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my phone was stolen on June 20 in the evening (around 6 pm atlantic time).  I suspended the service and reported it stolen, however I checked my history and the phone was used last night/morning at 3 am (June 22) and they can still use my data!  I'm not paying for that.  Can someone just deactive the phone/sim for me.  any activity after June 20, 2023 is not me.  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How did you suspend service?
You should report as lost/stolen and service 'should' seize immediately... unless that is not working properly...

@TD156 wrote:

it was about 30 MB, I read it wrong as 30 GB, but it is saying I am over my data limit, and I never go over it, and I'm not up at 3 am

@TD156 

Public mobile shows a summary of your data usage (not live time usage).  For example, my data usage usually shows up in 1-2 readings at about 1 AM every night even though I am asleep.  Check your past data usage over the last 1-2 weeks and you should see 3 AM reading also. 

There is a data reporting problem this morning. Errors showing incorrect data usage, etc. PM is made aware and should be working on a fix.  

ie.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-counter-shows-negative-value/td-p/10...

TD156

Thanks, I just messaged them, I couldn't find that info anywhere!

TD156

it was about 30 MB, I read it wrong as 30 GB, but it is saying I am over my data limit, and I never go over it, and I'm not up at 3 am

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TD156 

Was it a lot of data used?  Public mobile will report usage one or twice per day as a summary usage.  There may be a small amount of data usage/leakage even in lost/stolen mode. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TD156  Please 

message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.