cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52 5G with no 5G

DGA69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently signed up with PM with no issues except my 5G was no longer working...only LTE.

I had 5G with Virgin before I switched. So I contacted PM through a ticket & they were doing all they could do to help but this seemed to be a problem with some Samsung phones not being able to connect to 5G on PM.

But then this morning my phone updated to One UI 6.1 and now it's getting 5G. So maybe that's the fix? Hopefully that helps other Samsung phone users having the same issue?!

Good luck!

6 REPLIES 6

DGA69

Before the update my SIM card was showing LTE under the Mobile Data Network Type.

Now it's showing NR NSA (5G) 🙂

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the A52 5G and my phone was showing 5G on the PM network before the One UI 6.1 update, but it depended on location. In the area where I live it kept changing back and forth between LTE and 5G, but more often LTE. But something has definitely changed with the One UI 6.1 update because now it's more often on 5G.

DGA69

I rebooted....I reset network settings...I set mobile networks to 5G...nothing worked.

Apparently it was a Samsung issue that was finally resolved with the latest update.

I have the iPhone SE3 and 5G symbol up top was a hit or miss most times and was on 4G or LTE. I still had the speeds. What happens after a reboot? Still have 5G ?

DGA69

That wasn't it with my phone. Did a speed test & it was only at LTE speeds when showing as LTE. Now it's at 5G speeds while showing 5G. 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @DGA69 

Sometimes 5G won't show up. Just do a speed test. That is by far the most important thing. As long as you're getting 5G speeds... your golden!

Need Help? Let's chat.