Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone access to my number

mahernegin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there 

I hope you are doing well

a couple of days before I bought a public mobile sim card but when I call my number with another number a stranger person answer it. and it is a terrible experience I have ever had.

please assist me

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mahernegin 

I hope that you didn’t cancel your number first before you tried to port your number. Once you cancelled on your previous carrier, your number is gone for others to pick…this is what happened to us on our landline not realizing that you need to keep the service with the old carrier then port over.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mahernegin 

Did you activate in store? If so you have no choice but to contact customer support. If you activated online yourself then log into your self serve account. Your email that you used at activation is your username and then enter the password you chose at activation.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@mahernegin wrote:

thanks a lot 

how can i make a connection to public mobile customer service?

You do not need agent to help you change your number. You can do it through self-serving account up to 4 times per 30 days.

@esjliv wrote:

and if you don't mind to change your number, you can change it to something else

@esjliv   I think you are too nice. .OP pretty much have no choice.. 😂🤣

But I think it happens a bit less these days, used to be a lot more common and we posts like that more often.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@mahernegin wrote:

Hi there 

I hope you are doing well

a couple of days before I bought a public mobile sim card but when I call my number with another number a stranger person answer it. and it is a terrible experience I have ever had.

please assist me

Did you pick a number?

Or port a number in?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mahernegin  -

That really should not happen. But 2 same numbers have been know to be given to 2 different people/accounts.

Since you are new and if you don't mind to change your number, you can change it to something else through your self serve account under "change number" for free at no charge (4 times every 30 days if you like).

I would let CSA know about the 'double number', it is ridiculous really.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

mahernegin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks a lot 

how can i make a connection to public mobile customer service?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If this was a new number you got at activation then I suggest you change it. You can do that in your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mahernegin   you just joined?  and you picked a new number when you activated?  Look like PM gave out a number that was owned by someone else.  It happens, happens more often than you expect, it's a Telus glitch and only happen to Telus/Koodo/Pm and on other carreir

Since it is someone else number, you have no choice but you have to pick a new number.  Login to My Acocunt and pick Change Number and choose a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.