cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam call

esthersunlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

My customer service of alarm company gave me a wrong number. I called this number, and was told that call would charge me $ 499. Is it possible verify this situation ?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@esthersunlin Great part  for usong PM is that PM is Prepaid service and no surprise billing.  You won't got charge $499 because you called the number.  At least PM won't bill you on behalf of that "alarm company".  As long as you didn't give out your credit card number during the call, you are good 

@esthersunlin wrote:

My alarm company gave me a wrong customer service number. When I called, I was told that the call would cost me $ 499. What should I do? Would Public Mobile  look into it?

@esthersunlin  - we are all customers and members like you here on the Public Forum.

I don't understand exactly how your alarm company is related to Public Mobile. But rest assured, Public Mobile will NOT charge you something you did not already pay for. This is one of the benefits of prepaid plans. 😃

I suggest you not provide this number any personal information. And find out the correct customer service phone number for your alarm company and report this suspicious activity with them.

No, PM will not look into it...

As for the call, you should have your alarm company support number so call THAT number and talk to them to sort this out.

Who is your alarm company? 

How does your issue link to being a scam call?

Can you give us more information?

esthersunlin

So relieved!

esthersunlin

Absolutely!

@esthersunlin    That's the good thing about prepaid service, you can't be charged for something that isn't already paid for unlike postpaid accounts. 

esthersunlin

When I called and realized that it is a scam...when I was just about to end the call, it says, you will be charge $ 499 for this call...

esthersunlin

Thanks a lot!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esthersunlin   PM is prepaid and there are no overages here so you will not be charged any extra for calls/text or data usage.  If you're on a plan with limited minutes or data, your calling or data will just stop unless you add more minutes or data or renew early or change plans.

Who told you you would be charged $499?

Moved:

Need Help? Let's chat.