cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription"

SarahKu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was notified this morning that "Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription." I never ended the subscription, and have auto-pay that has worked for the past two years without fail. There is enough money on my bank account, so I don't understand why my services are on hold. When clicking on the "pay now and resume services" button, the website tells me "Sorry, we're not able to process your payment at this time. Please try again later." Is this a PublicMobile technical issue?

Not having service is not good, and I can't even log into my bank account to see if there has been any activity!

I opened a ticket, but am still waiting for tech advice.

Any helpful things I could try?

I am also an international student, so trying to pay with a non-Canadian credit card did not work.

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

HI @SarahKu 

sorry for the experience, but yes, sometimes we really don't know why Autopay fails and why some people cannot update the credit card (they are getting the "oops" error message)

voucher is always a great way to get the service going first.  Some people like to manually load funds couple days ahead of the renewal date to assure no service lost.

SarahKu

dust2dust, I found the PM vouchers at Shoppers! But they were not displayed with the other vouchers; you need to go to the desk and specifically ask for them. Thanks for the info though, that was helpful!

SarahKu

Update on my payment difficulties, in case anybody else had similar issues in September: Nothing was wrong with my bank account or having enough balance, which the Public Mobile tech agents kept telling me was the issue. In sum, I am not sure why auto-pay did not take off the monthly fee from my account, but when I tried it again nine days after my phone services were suspended, and after trying to click the "pay" button on my account in the browser many times before, it worked all of a sudden.

So, I ended up 9 days without service, which was not great, and the agents' advice was not helpful because that wasn't the issue; however, I found out where to buy PM vouchers 🙂 (but the payment worked before I could use the voucher)

You could also try the online method from like recharge.com or muskbird.com
No help? They're the agents!? Jeez.

SarahKu

dust2dust,

thanks, I will try that again tomorrow.

Heard back from the service agent, but she was not able to help.

SarahKu

Becca902,

try https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437. That was the tech agent who got back to me. She was not able to help me, but she also said that there have not been any complaints like mine. If you have the same issue, we might be more successful ... 🙂

They might have actual cards hanging on the gift cards rack somewhere. Or you could ask them. They might not know what a voucher is so you might need to say things like cellphone top up or minutes or prepaid cards etc.

SarahKu

hTideGnow,

I went to Shoppers Drug Mart, and thought I was looking for a Public Mobile voucher card, but they didn't have any. So I am assuming you meant a general visa/mastercard voucher, where you have to pay an extra $10 for a fee??

Becca902

Having the exact same issue and I’m not sure what I should do , I can’t even send a ticket through , getting an error for that too 

SarahKu

I did not get a new card. And my services are not working; I had a friend try to call me and it said to contact Public Mobile blablabla.

I have not heard back from the ticket I placed, and the website still won't let me pay via credit card.

After all, I think I will need to buy a voucher today. Thanks for that tip.

As per @hTideGnow post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But you're good getting help in this thread. I only mentioned the other person should open their own thread because this is yours. It's here to help you. By answering their questions to their concerns may confuse you with yours. Hope that makes sense.

@SarahKu wrote:

Never mind, I saw the link 🙂

HI @SarahKu 

you submitted the ticket?  check your inbox, agent will reply in around 2 hours, or a bit more

SarahKu

Never mind, I saw the link 🙂

SarahKu

Hey Kenneth, I thought I had opened a ticket asking for assistance, but I guess not. How do I do that?

Hey @Tmcb 

If I may suggest, open a thread requesting assistance from us that way we're not cross replying and getting conversations mixed up. Since @SarahKu created this post, replies should be sent only to their problem. We can for sure help you in your own thread. Thanks! 🙂 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Tmcb and @SarahKu 

Both @dust2dust and @hTideGnow have a temporary solution to go to the store and purchase a voucher. You can dial 311 and add the vouchers to your account to get it activated again.

With regards to using foreign credit cards, there are some drawbacks with them, mostly communication issues between Public Mobile and the credit card company. My advice, being an international student, go to which ever bank your dealing with here while you're in Canada and apply for a student credit card. It won't be a very high limit and I'd only use it for emergencies and well, use here for PM. This should resolve that problem but at least above is a temporary solution to get you back on track.

@Tmcb wrote:

I'm having the same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it. Were you able to talk to a real person?

HI@Tmcb 

you have to submit a ticket with agent  here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you get a new card? If so did you update it in this system?
Are your services working? If not then go to recharge.com and buy enough voucher value to pay for your plan and then dial 611 to enter it. I would have liked to have suggested another option but that didn't seem to work the other day for another customer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@SarahKu 

yes, autopay could fail sometimes.  You can wait an hour and try to pay again at My Account using Incognit/Private/Secret mode

or you can also resume service first using voucher. Buy a voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart and load the voucher using *611

Tmcb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same problem and cannot figure out how to fix it. Were you able to talk to a real person?

Need Help? Let's chat.