cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Data" not working. Unable to use Internet.

sarikap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Data" not working. Unable to use Internet. It seems to have stopped beginning of this month. Logging into My Account, does not show Data although my PLAN has it and also seem to have lost 1 Gb Promo Data. Please someone help !! Thank you in advance.

20 REPLIES 20

sarikap

@gpixel  ok Thanks.

sarikap

@esjliv Understood. TY.

@sarikap wrote:

@ShawnC13  Thanks for responding. It is unlikely, I have used up my 500 + 500 = 1 Gb + 1 GB Promo data. I have verified my usage history. Oddly enough none of the Data has been listed under Data & Add on. Another thing to note is I did not get SMS of 75% OR 95% of usage of Data.

Hi @sarikap ,

I recant this below sentence, I apologize!

Public Mobile does not send you notices/texts when you reach 75% or 95% (or at any point) of your data limit.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

If you want to get notified of your data usage sooner than 75% you can try setting up your phone to notify you of this.

It may look something like this....

But remember to set the start date on your phone as the same as your Public Mobile Renewal date.

DATA on phone and setting same as PM dates

@gpixel 

Public Mobile doesn't send the accont PIN in the welcome e-mail message. It is sent to the customer by SMS.

@sarikap just use the private message link @gblackma provided for you

sarikap

@gpixel  Do I just need to enter phone number or need to enter entire history of details as DOB, CC etc? Can I use "Verify by PIN" If yes, where can I find PIN?

Update : Nevermind, I used Phone Number and other details to Submit a Ticket but credentials fail.

@sarikap they're having an issue with verifying through self serve.. I had to use my number to verify yesterday

sarikap

Ironically am logged with the same details to My Account and yet cannot use the same details in the Ticket Submission form. Thanks for the advice. I will add this to the list of issue.

@sarikap add that to your question that you would like answered by the moderators, it could be something as silly as a capital letter somewhere. Use this private message link to contact the moderators directly. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 . Stay safe. 

sarikap

@gblackma Apparently, I did not have challenge with entering Community Credentials during the process which worked fine. Issue is when asked to "verify your identity" aka step 3. It neither accepts my Community credentials nor accepts My PM Account Credentials..

@sarikap 

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

sarikap

@gpixel  I attempted to "submit" a ticket and I as asked to verify Identity. I'm not sure if I need to enter My Account Credentials to which it gives me error logging in.. How can I proceed?

sarikap

@ShawnC13  Thanks for responding. It is unlikely, I have used up my 500 + 500 = 1 Gb + 1 GB Promo data. I have verified my usage history. Oddly enough none of the Data has been listed under Data & Add on. Another thing to note is I did not get SMS of 75% OR 95% of usage of Data.

@sarikap wrote:

@computergeek541 Hoping that is the case. But looking at the usage history, my data usage does not add up to the amount I have.

sarikap ,

The data not adding up could be the result in delay of the usage information. The data counter gets updated immediately, while the usage history can sometimes take hours to update.

I have no way of knowing if the data was accidently used or if Public Mobile made an error, but the data not showing does mean that you have none left.

@sarikap wrote:

@popping Appreciate the prompt response. Assuming Data for this month has been used up, I'm still missing 1 GB of Promo data. Is this also to say if the data is used up it will not appear under Data and Add on Usage?

The promo data are always on "stand-by" for when you have used up your plan data.  In the past cycles, you could have also used up all of your plan data and dipped into that Promo Data and now it seems to be also used up.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sarikap

@computergeek541 Hoping that is the case. But looking at the usage history, my data usage does not add up to the amount I have.

sarikap

@popping Appreciate the prompt response. Assuming Data for this month has been used up, I'm still missing 1 GB of Promo data. Is this also to say if the data is used up it will not appear under Data and Add on Usage?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarikap 

If you do not see any data usage lines on your overview page, you have used all your data for your current cycle and your 1GB add-on.

I have a $15 plan with 250MB data.  I have used 61.253MB out of my  250 MB.

I still have not used all my data from the free 1GB add-ons from PM.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    140.206  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    1  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    61.253  /  250 MB
    500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
    275  /  500 MIN

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.  Please note that there is no refund of unused days of your current cycle if you change your plan immediately.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sarikap if you still believe this is incorrect you can contact customer support here

type "no data"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

If the no data is listed in the add-on, section, this means it has all been used.

Need Help? Let's chat.