cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Bulk Data

frenchy93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to teather my phone for a week, I notice there is only options to add 1 gig of additional data at a time, I will obviously require much more than this, is there a way to restart your plan once you run out of purchase bulk data?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frenchy93 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

When you run out of data, it is cheaper to renew early or change plan.

Cost of 1GB data using $50 8.5GB plan is $5.88/GB

Cost of 1GB data using $40 5GB plan is $8/GB

Cost of add-on data = $15/GB

It is clear that renew early with the help of moderator or change plan online is cheaper than buying 1GB add-on.  Please note that there is no fund of the unused day of your current cycle after plan change or renew early.  Therefore, do the plan change after your data runs out.  The advantage of plan change is that you can change it online without waiting for moderator for couple of hours.  If you are on the $50 plan, plan change to $40 plan and vice versa.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

After three first day you will know how much you need, you could just ask moderators to renew 50 plan early, you would be getting 8.5 instead 5 gigs for 48 instead of 50.

You may want to consider getting one month temporary plan with Telus I heard they have promo of 20 gigs for 65 

Somebody pointed out to me that it's 85 for 20 gigs, which is still beats add-ons, you will need to get Telus sim and there may be account setup fee I'm not sure, they wave those often if you go to store.

If you are in freedom area they have it even cheaper

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frenchy93 wrote:

I have to teather my phone for a week, I notice there is only options to add 1 gig of additional data at a time, I will obviously require much more than this, is there a way to restart your plan once you run out of purchase bulk data?

Yes but you need to ask the moderators.

Keep in mind that there's no pro-rating or refunds here. You would need to start the plan as like a renewal.

If you're not on the $50 plan and you don't have a plan that is no longer being offered then perhaps you could change to that plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.