cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported number from Rogers, no data, no text, outbound calls only

Kurious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ported number from Rogers, had to call Rogers to get it going.  However, can only make outbound calls, inbound calls are forwarded to voice mail, cannot send or receive text and no data.

Any suggestions how to fix?

5 REPLIES 5

benapp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Outbound calls only is a sign that the port has not gone through yet. 

I'd recommend reaching out to an agent for help as it sounds like you tried a few things and waited a while.

The exact same thing happened to me when I ported my number. If you already received your SIM you'll want to message a Public Agent using the link below.

You'll want to provide the date you signed up as well the date you were charged for your subscription plan. They will also likely ask for your last 4 digits of your credit card.

You'll want to provide your ported number as well as the temp number (go to your settings in your phone and look under connection and then network settings to find your SIM provision info). It should show a phone number which would be your temp number.

Here's the link for the agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GretchenWilliam

great, looks like this is resolved then.

Kurious

last night I removed the Rogers SIM put in the Public Mobile SIM used the PM app to activate account and transfer Rogers number.  Did not realize there would be a text from Rogers to original SIM.  Last night and this morning Phone said "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY".  About 1:PM this afternoon I called Rogers to have them manually port the number, they told me they did and I would need to restart the phone and the number would be active.  At this point the phone showed as being on Public Mobile and I was then able to make out bound calls, that's all.  The voice mail when calling into my number is the same message as setup on Rogers.

@Kurious wrote:

ported number from Rogers, had to call Rogers to get it going.  However, can only make outbound calls, inbound calls are forwarded to voice mail, cannot send or receive text and no data.

Any suggestions how to fix?

Data not working isn't related to any issue with number porting.  Check the following (if you're using an Android device):  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

As for incoming phone calls going directly to voicemail, is this the voicemail that you had set up at Rogers?  That's an inidcation that the number has not been ported (yet) to Public Mobile.  Did you leave your Rogers SIM card in your phone and did you reply to a text message from Rogers to approve the phone number transfer?

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long has it been since your number was ported? Have you confirmed that your old Rogers SIM is no longer working? It can take a few hours for everything to work 

Need Help? Let's chat.