I need to port over my old nun from bell xxx

my number I set up with u guys right now is xxx can u help me ?? please thanks

mike

removed personal info by mimmo

25 REPLIES 25

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 , Oracle's could you please remove @Mike2019 personal information? Thanks.

I was going to do that myself, several minutes ago, but when looking through the list of users online, I didn't seen ANY Oracles, and I don't see any now either..... only way to get it done now, would be to tag one of the Mods that are online...... ok then, I see @mimmo  & @Luddite  are around.... maybe one of you could delete the OP's personal info???

@CannonFodder FYI: Tagging at anytime will always attract whichever of us comes online first. When completely desperate, a private message is delivered via email to most of us even when not logged in. 

Just as all other members, Oracles are not required to reveal when they are online. It not showing one of us online does not necessarily meant that there isn't one around. 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 , Oracle's could you please remove @Mike2019 personal information? Thanks.

I was going to do that myself, several minutes ago, but when looking through the list of users online, I didn't seen ANY Oracles, and I don't see any now either..... only way to get it done now, would be to tag one of the Mods that are online...... ok then, I see @mimmo  & @Luddite  are around.... maybe one of you could delete the OP's personal info???

@CannonFodder FYI: Tagging at anytime will always attract whichever of us comes online first. When completely desperate, a private message is delivered via email to most of us even when not logged in. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

According to the announcement on Friday, porting at time of activation has been improved to have a higher success rate.x

Porting from Koodo prepaid, and port requests after activation need to be done by contacting a mod.

Official guidance was posted here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Okay, thanks!

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately my teenage kids don't want any down time with their cell number.

@JoyLuck 

That's ok they can use the old sim until port is finished. It only goes off once it's completed

I would still go with the temp number you get to test it setup the phone if it needs adjustment and have it totally ready for the port. If everything works out of the box you will be ready to port in minutes. Once you initiate the port, it will take up to 2 hours (mine was 5 minutes with Koodo) and Telus sim will be working fine until the last moment

Hi,

Unfortunately my teenage kids don't want any down time with their cell number.

@JoyLuck your daughter could just activate with a temporary cell phone number, set up her self service account. And contact the moderators to port.

Does anyone know for sure whether the porting process will work automatically during activation/sign up? If not I will just wait for the announcement to indicate maintenace is completed.

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hello,

Could someone please clarify the following for me. My daughter is currently with Telus but would like to join PM. If she goes through self service to activate her sim and port her number over is the porting process no longer working automatically? Do you have to contact a moderator to have your number moved over?

There is an option to port in during activation. I believe that still works. For now, porting in from within the self serve account needs to be done through a moderator.

@JoyLuck there is some maintenance  being done now, that requires you to contact the moderators to port. Once this is completed, you will be allowed again  to initaite ports upon sign up, or from within your self service account. I guess an announcement will be placed here in the community when this is over.

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hello,

Could someone please clarify the following for me. My daughter is currently with Telus but would like to join PM. If she goes through self service to activate her sim and port her number over is the porting process no longer working automatically? Do you have to contact a moderator to have your number moved over?

Hello,

Mike2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all!!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

So, is that all you know about it, i.e. you personally checked via your self-serve, or has PM advised the Oracles to be aware of an issue that makes Moderator intervention necessary?

I don't believe that customers should ever be unpleasantly surprised only after attempting to port a number, and that stuff such as this shouldn't be kept quiet. 

That was kind of like a politician, i.e. you didn't directly answer the question, but since I read the other thread, where you mentioned that PM disabled the function, THAT answers the question.

@CannonFodder wrote:

So, is that all you know about it, i.e. you personally checked via your self-serve, or has PM advised the Oracles to be aware of an issue that makes Moderator intervention necessary?

I don't believe that customers should ever be unpleasantly surprised only after attempting to port a number, and that stuff such as this shouldn't be kept quiet. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Uhm..... what's goin' on - is there some system issue that won't allow anybody to port via self-serve??? 😮 

If you go into your self serve account, and click on the option to port a number, a message is displayed advising customers to open a ticket.

@CannonFodder wrote:

Uhm..... what's goin' on - is there some system issue that won't allow anybody to port via self-serve??? 😮 

If you go into your self serve account and click on the option to port a number, a message is displayed advising customers to open a ticket.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@Mike2019 since its from Bell, you can port your number through your self service account. Go to the change number option and go from there.

Currently, all number porting must be done through the moderators. 

@gblackma wrote:

@Mike2019 since its from Bell, you can port your number through your self service account. Go to the change number option and go from there.

@gblackma @kselmak 

Currently, all number porting must be done by submitting a ticket through SIMon to get the moderators involved. 

@gblackma wrote:

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Mike2019  Along with what the other folks have said, your Bell account has to be active at the time of porting, because if you canceled it already, that number will be gone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi Mike

Please remove your personal info.

You can login into the selfserve account and initiate your port here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

If you are with Koodo prepaid you will have to contact moderators here

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mike2019 Please use the 3 dots top right of your post to remove your personal information.  This is a public forum.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a guide. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

You should remove your personal info as this is a public forum.  Click on the three dots to delete your info.

Need Help? Let's chat.