cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Start Guide : Setup / Activation / Port / Data

This is a quick visual guide to get 90% of new users up and running without needing to search through the thousands of threads.  I've also included useful threads should you have other questions beyond what my guide covers.

APN Data (Mansi_G and li-upgrade)

Activation Details (Luddite)

Province Wide Calling Explained (neilselden)

New User FAQ (dhanadhan)

General Info (makkahn28)

Getting Started (Mansi_G)

All About Payments (Mansi_G)

Switching Plans (alexzxn)

Step 1: Activate SIM

Public Mobile Account1.png

Step 2: Setup Self Serve

Public Mobile Account2.PNG

Step 3: Select A Number

Public Mobile Account3.PNG

Step 4: Porting

Public Mobile Port.PNG

Tags (1)
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Start Guide : Setup / Activation / Port / Data

Thanks for the guide, I'm sure it will help many people! Smiley Happy

nd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great guide: one note - on the payment screen if you're paying by credit card, select your country before entering your province.

Before you select your country, the Province field is a text field. Once you select your country (e.g. Canada), it changes into a drop-down menu. I had to repeat the entire activation form because I entered my province before selecting Canada.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up and there is no option to port your number, (i.e. no step 4) if you choose a Public Mobile number. Now I have to figure out how/where to go to do that. Save yourself a headache and don't follow this guide and just port it right away during the sign up process rather than choosing a public mobile number.

Oracle

@Chandelie wrote:

I just signed up and there is no option to port your number, (i.e. no step 4) if you choose a Public Mobile number. Now I have to figure out how/where to go to do that. Save yourself a headache and don't follow this guide and just port it right away during the sign up process rather than choosing a public mobile number.

Once you have your account set up and a temporary number, login to the account.  On the main landing page, there is a change number link.  You can even crtl-f to find it.  From there you can do the number transfer. 

Thank you. All set now Smiley Happy

Thanks! I initially tried Public Mobile's steps to port from Rogers, but that didn't work.

Your guide worked like a charm!