cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port from telus

biller0071
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Folks,

I ported my esim from telus to public on  anew phone.  Set up the port confirmed yes on the test and my new phone (iphone pro max 14) keeps telling me that the sim wont activate.  Whats more odd is that until i reset my original phone (about 4 hours) after I ported i was still getting service on my telus esim.  My telus account is gone now. 

I think i have two issues here, one i am assuming the esim should provision on my new phone and I think i have not ported yet.  Looking for options here.  Not sure what to do next, I did delete the first public esim and bought a new one still wont work.  

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

biller0071

just did another ticket and a PM direct message, I also sent a email to CBC Marketplace, just to see if they are interested in the crazy train that is PM.

biller0071

I appreciate it, this has put my in a terrible spot. 

@biller0071 

That is not typical PM customer response.  

Usually, you will get some initial CSA response in your inbox within a few hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

I can't guarantee anything, but I will try to pass along your thread to senior members of CSA team to see if anything can be done further.  

biller0071

I tried everything, switching from esim to physical sim (twice at the recommendation of the porting team and the Telus corpstore) Sim number matches my account, tried it in multiple phones, resetting network settings, you name it its been tried.  Best anyone can come up with is some sort of routing issue contact PM team to resolve, only they never respond to anything ever.   

Hey @biller0071 

Still dealing with this issue eh? Sorry, you'll have to refresh my memory. You did try placing your SIM card into a different phone to see if that worked?

biller0071

I am going to give up, I ported my number in and now i have no access to it, port team says it went fine.  I have been trying through tickets with chat bot and messaging agents and NO ONE has even responded since Friday.  I can't port my number out because I can access it.  I am now dealing with customers and family that can not reach me, I am dealing with 2fa issues attached to my phone number that I can no longer access, some of which are trading institutions that I can no longer log into.  I am now going to be forced to abort my number and start over after 10 years.  This is a warning to anyone looking to go to public, think of the implications and the impact it will have if you have to walk away from your phone number.

I have no issue working through online support, but this is dreadful totally.  I am going to reach out to my credit card and let them know I never received what I paid for and see what they can do.  I understand prepaid no warranty but there is still an expectation of receiving services you paid for.  

Likely put in a complaint with the CRTC and see where it goes if anywhere.   

You would be way better off to have an account that costs 5$ more and have someone on the phone if something like this happens, I have two other lines on PM that work fine and I will be moving.

Long post - NOT HAPPY

biller0071

Been waiting for support since Friday to deal with my issue zero responses.  No issue with online chat but what is a reasonable amount of time to wait to get help?  submitted a ticket through chatbot and three dms.  Ureal boys and girls.  At this point i just want out but i cant even port my number.

biller0071

Well here we are day 4 no phone and zero response from my two PM messages or ticket through the chat bot.  Still have no phone and can’t even port my number out.

Tomorrow I will likely need to get a new number and new service somewhere else.  

biller0071

Sent anther one just now. see how it goes.  The public account now shows issue with sim on the dashboard.  I need service on my phone.  I will update as this progresses. 

Thanks 

@biller0071 

Sounds like your PM account was not created properly.  

If exclusively a porting issues, your PM account would still work partially.  If porting issue only, you should still be able to use data, call and text out.   Just unable to receive calls and texts.  CS_Agent should be able to help.  The team normally responds within hours.  

Might want to send a direct private message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

biller0071

I started off transferring from telus esim to PM esim.  The phone deleted with the Telus sim, so i dont know if it still has service as of 8 hours after the port it did.  Talked to the telus/pm port people and they said it went through and it could be a routing issue. he recommended that I go and get an actual PM Sim.  Went to the store they changed it on my account, plugged in the sim and it did not work, connects to the network then shows SOS and not connected.  Put in another new sim and did not activate it, it showed connected to the network (both with no plan)  then after a bit reverted to no network.  I did try the sim in a second phone and it did not work. 

I have another phone on PM and put it in the phone and it worked fine.

It's my belief that the port did not work correctly put the Porting people (4 of them say it did)

I am also not sure why the sims (blank one included) change to SOS and stay there.  Maybe its not provisioned?

Regardless this is beyond me at this point and I need someone to look into it and no one is responding.

Hey @biller0071 

So, a couple things. You said you've tried different SIM cards. Well, technically it should be the first SIM card unless you went into your account and switched SIM card numbers??

If you place your Telus SIM card in your phone, do you still have service? If so, then the port did not go through. If you insert your Telus SIM card and you don't have service, means the port went through. Here's some things to try. 

First confirm WHICH SIM card you have your account registered to. Grab it and try it in a different phone. First, turn off that phone, then insert the SIM card the correct way, not upside down as that happens more than you think. Then restart the phone. If you have service, it means you should be good to go. Turn off that phone, make sure the phone you want to use for PM is turned off, re insert the card, once again, the correct way and reboot the phone. You SHOULD have phone service. If not, then go into your network settings and reset ALL the networks. You may lose any saved WiFi spots and connected BT devices. Then reboot the phone. Do you have service now???

biller0071

Said nothing no one has responded to my tickets the only one that has helped me at all is the port team 

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@biller0071 

don't be nice, reply the CS team and push for a solution!!

but what they told you so far?  usually port is quick and simple

biller0071

I ported to Public, been a disaster.. 

- port went though as verified by the telus/PM port team. 

-still have no service, tried two physical sims - spent 2 hours in a corp Telus store - they had no idea.

-best the port people could come up with is might be a routing error that needs to be addressed by the PM folks 

-Put in a ticket and sent a PM to the CS team asking them to investigate tomorrow will be day 3 with no phone and no responses

-cant port my number out lol 

At this point I am ready to say forget it and get a new number... I will update this daily until either resolved or the 30days runs out... unreal PM

@biller0071 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

biller0071

My phone number is stuck in limbo with telus, I am confused is there an option in the chatbot to actually have a two way conversation with an agent, seems to just go around and around and I get no where. 

Thanks 

biller0071

I think I have two issues, 1st port did not work and second esim even though on my phone does not connect to the network.  it gave me an activation error although i dont know why 

biller0071

Is there a way to actually have an online chat with a human that I am missing?  I submitted a ticket but there is little space to explain my issues 

biller0071

thanks.  i did get the text and replied yes.

biller0071

I reset the phone and that deleted the telus sim, i have an iphone pro max 14.  

HI @biller0071 

if your esim is installed on the phone, you just need PM CS agent to check if it is activated on the backend.

Also, your port problem, you deleted ? You supposed to get a text from Telus and reply yes to approve the port.  With it deleted, you cannot do it.  Luckily Telus owns PM and something can be done.  You need to tell PM CS agent about that and ask them to do a manual port for you without the text.    

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

@biller0071 

you shouldn't delete the Telus esim, it should only be deleted after the port is completed.  

So, you said the esim shows up on your phone?   but it does not connect to PM network?  What phone do you have? iPhone or Android?

biller0071

Hi,

These are two separate phones, yes the esim shows up for public, it matches the number on public mobile dashboard, during the activation of the esim it said failed or something like that.  my old phone with the telus sim was still letting me make calls until i reset the phone and deleted the telus sim about 6 hours after the original port.   in the public esim it says un provisioned 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@biller0071 

is your Telus sim still working? you can make calls from the Telus sim?

for your esim, there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

(if there is no esim there, check the Welcome email from PM and there should be a QR code to scan and install the esim)

And if the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

biller0071

thanks.  it wants me to do this In order to submit a ticket please log in to My Account below by clicking "Log In". is this what you mean or does public have live chat?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you're still getting service on your Telus eSIM then the port didn't fully work. Please click on the bottom right corner chat box and request assistance from a CS Agent to assist you further with the port. 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1711156374222.png

Need Help? Let's chat.