cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port a second number from other provider

Diver2Dive
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm currently a PM customer and want to port another number from another provider. The account with the other provider is under may name even though that number has been used by my wife. I'm wondering if it's considered as a new activation/subscription so I can pick up a new promo plan. Also, is it possible to port the number to PM under the name of my wife instead of mine? Thanks, 

6 REPLIES 6

@Diver2Dive wrote:

I'm currently a PM customer and want to port another number from another provider. The account with the other provider is under may name even though that number has been used by my wife. I'm wondering if it's considered as a new activation/subscription so I can pick up a new promo plan. Also, is it possible to port the number to PM under the name of my wife instead of mine? Thanks, 

Sorry, but porting a phone number to an already exisitng Public Mobile account isn't considered a new activation.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Diver2Dive  Yes create  account with the plan you want with different email and you set the new account up in her name and port the number over to it on activation 

Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be what Diver2Dive is aksing for.  The customer wants to know if porting a number in to an already existing account is considered a new activation.

ckaddakc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. No matter whose name the current provider is with, you are able to port to PM with anyone's name. You may use your wife's name now on PM. Since it will be a new line to PM, you are able to pick up a new promo plan! Make sure to use your referral code for your wife's number being ported to PM so you take advantage of the points and her $10 bill credit. 

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just going to add to use your referral code if you can on your wife’s new account.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Diver2Dive  name on the other carrier don't have to match the name with PM

But if you want the other number to come to PM , and you are keeping your other PM account, then yes, you can activate a new account and request porting in the number.

For this new account, just activate  a new one using a different email address

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Diver2Dive  Yes create  account with the plan you want with different email and you set the new account up in her name and port the number over to it on activation 

Need Help? Let's chat.