cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

Samrat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to port my number to Telus, I keep on replying Yes to the message sent by Public mobile but nothing happens, Currently my public mobile services are on hold, It says your account should be active to port the number,This makes zero sense and clearly is some kind of a scam,Why should I pay to public mobile now when I am porting my services to Telus, When already I paid twice to Telus alread

7 REPLIES 7

@Wayworn   Yes, you can port a number from another provider to an existing PM account.  I did exactly that, I tested PM for a while on a "retired" phone before switching the sim to my newer phone and porting in my number.

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a little off topic-- just want to confirm my understanding from a previous discussion that one can port a number from another provider to an existing PM active account. Is this correct?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Samrat 

Customers who port between Telus brands (ie. PM to Telus) do not need an active account.  You will need to contact Telus customer service to help complete the port.  

If you as a PM customer was porting to any other non Telus brand company (ie. Freedom), you would need an active PM account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Samrat 

It normally takes about 2 hours to complete the porting before you put the Telus SIM in your phone.

You need to contact Telus for a refund.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Samrat   It's a rule of porting with all carriers that the account being left remains active, it's not just PM.  It's been said on here that it might be possible to port without the PM account being active if one is porting within the Telus companies.  For that I think you would need to contact Telus support and ask what they can do.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Samrat 

You need to have an active number to be able to port to Telus. IF you tried porting your number while it was active then the service went on hold, that's a different story. Please contact Telus customer service for assistance. https://www.telus.com/en/support/contact-us 

If your number has been on hold for a bit, you will need to purchase the lowest plan possible to activate it then you can port out to Telus. I know this sound wrong and sounds like a scam, but it's how porting works.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Samrat 

you MUST have an active PM account in order to port away successfully.

Need Help? Let's chat.