cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone still does not accept calls, or texts after activation Feb 3. Plz help

Sher492
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got my son on the public mobile, and since he only texts, and hardly uses any data, started him off with the $15 plan. Extremely disappointed since activated SIM on Feb 3rd, and still doesn't work. he can't receive calls, or texts from other networks. Im on public, and he gets my calls and texts. Plz help.

I also got an email from them that they were sending me extra SIM to give to friend, but it has still not arrived.

11 REPLIES 11

Sher492

only texts coming thru, are the ones from his previous provider (shaw) from "public mobile" saying how much data he's used. and the ones i send him (as im on public) still haven't revived any directly from public, only indirectly about data usage.

Sher492

no

full bars, data uses up very quickly. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sher492 wrote:

Got my son on the public mobile, and since he only texts, and hardly uses any data, started him off with the $15 plan. Extremely disappointed since activated SIM on Feb 3rd, and still doesn't work. he can't receive calls, or texts from other networks. Im on public, and he gets my calls and texts. Plz help.

I also got an email from them that they were sending me extra SIM to give to friend, but it has still not arrived.

@Sher492  What is showing on the phone status ?  any bars showing it was connected?  

Any error like "SIM not provisioned", "No Network" , "No SIM"?

Sher492

he has iPhone 12 

Sher492

No, it was not a new number. Rebooting and network reset didn't work. SIM was ordered online from Public Mobile.

Sher492

Did the SIM reset, and re-inserting, and airplane mode. Didn't help.

will try your 2nd suggestion. Thanks

Sher492

Thanks. Will contact CSA for 2nd SIM

Yes, my son's phone number was ported from another provider. He got the text from his old provider to approve porting, and no, it was not a landline.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sher492 

What type of phone does he have? Maybe we can help you check the settings on the phone.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sher492 

Did you activate a new number? 

Might want to try the SIM card in another working phone.  To determine whether hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

Can also try rebooting his phone.  Network reset of phone.

Did you order a SIM card from Public mobile originally?  There was a promotion earlier if you bought one SIM card from PM, PM would also send a free one also.  

@Sher492  - to add to @Dunkman post. If you were promised an extra SIM card and it has been over 10 days since the original order submit a ticket to Customer Support (CSA) and let them know you did not receive it.

Two ways to contact CSA here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Also, for your son's phone...did you port over a number from another provider for his account?

If so, did you receive and reply to a text on the previous provider's SIM card to approve the text? Or, was it a landline/voip number port?

Either way if this was a port, it is possible something got stuck and didn't complete. You can also contact CSA by methods provided in the above link, if this is your case as well as 10 days should be long enough to complete porting.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Sher492 

reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..test it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sher492 

Did you activate a new number? 

Might want to try the SIM card in another working phone.  To determine whether hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

Can also try rebooting his phone.  Network reset of phone.

Did you order a SIM card from Public mobile originally?  There was a promotion earlier if you bought one SIM card from PM, PM would also send a free one also.  

Need Help? Let's chat.