cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay went through, but no service

KD6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a PM customer for over a year now and have autopay set up. It is working excellent until the last pay period yesterday. My autopay went through, and the bank account shows payment as processed - but whenever I try calling my phone says that account is deactivated. If I log in to my account and see my transaction history, the latest autopay is not showing up there - even though the payment was deducted from my card and was processed. If I try choosing "reactivate my account", I am redirected to the payment page - which does not show any outstanding balance.

I am now sure how I can contact PM support to help resolve this question. The online bot SIMon is not helpful as it asks to log into your account - but the pop-up window always shows up with "The page you are trying to access has expired".

Has someone recently been in this situation? If so, how did you resolve it? How could you contact the PM Customer service?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@KD6 

You open the ticket with PM already , right?  Reply on the last reply you got from CS Agent and ask for an update

You might also want to message the Community Manager Jade_S for escalation.  Provid her your ticket number.

You can send a message to her via her profile page, click "Send a message" there:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/186792

KD6

For anyone following this topic, this issue is still not resolved. No payment has been refunded or credited to my account towards future renewal. The problem is on PM side, and they started "investigation" of it. 10 days past and there is no update - still waiting. Will post further update when there is a resolution.

KD6

Thanks everyone again! What I investigated so far is that my bank did release funds during the autopay, but the problem is on PM side. Will be contacting them for the details. I ended up making a manual payment to have service back - and it was reactivated right away. Now I just need to track down what happened to my autopay, since it is not showing up on the account. Stay tuned! 🙂

@KD6 wrote:

wow, impressive, thank you all for the great suggestions and prompt responses! 

@softech , yes I have $15 plan, and the account says Suspended. On available funds, it is $3.00 - 2 for the autopay bonus and 1 I transferred yesterday to see that my card is good on PM side - even though it has not changed. The incoming calls are redirected directly to the voicenail.

@KD6 

If you check Transaction page on My Account, I think Autopay fails and PM didn't get the money from your credit card

Please go to Payment tab and click one time payment to make a manual payment

Use the "Other" option from the pull down and manually enter the amount Plan Amount  - $3  and submit the payment

If it works, click on the "Reactivate current plan" button if you see one around

Then logoff My Account and reboot your phone

It should work after

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KD6  - unless your card is expired, I don't think this is a card/institution issue.

What is the amount saying that is owing when you called 611? I would make a manual payment if it says you owe your full plan amount.

IF it says you don't owe anything, try topping up your account with $1, then see if you can choose the reactivate button on your Self Serve account.

If still failed list your phone into lost/stolen mode, then 'find' it again. Can you then reactivate after this?

KD6

wow, impressive, thank you all for the great suggestions and prompt responses! 

@softech , yes I have $15 plan, and the account says Suspended. On available funds, it is $3.00 - 2 for the autopay bonus and 1 I transferred yesterday to see that my card is good on PM side - even though it has not changed. The incoming calls are redirected directly to the voicenail.

@darlicious and @BKNS27 , thanks for letting me know how to contact the PM Support!

@esjliv , the 611 tells that account is suspended. I did try restarting my phone and switching on and off the airplane mode - but that did not help.

I think that situation of the bank processing payment but not releasing it to PM sounds possible. As the next step, I'll contact my bank right now and ask about that. If it is all good on their side, will contact PM. 

Thanks again everyone! 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KD6 

It sounds like several members have this issue. If the payment went through to AutoPay then it should be good. Try login to Self Serve account again and check.

It is easier to contact the CS_Agent by private message and click on the envelope icon on top of this page.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KD6  - if Autopay did successfully charge your credit card, you really should not lose service. But, things have happened in that 'witching hour(s)' of the morning of the renewals.

Can you try restarting your phone, toggling into airplane mode than back again to retrigger the network here?

What does it say when you call 611?

Also, try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if that improves services.

If your credit card is not charged the day of your renewal, (then Autopay appeared to have failed), make a manual payment to reactivate services.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Lol...your plan is only $5 per 30 days?

I know you have free plan, too.. LoL

I should have make it $5 per 10 days.. That is the "newest" plan they have 🤣😂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol...your plan is only $5 per 30 days?

@KD6 

Is it possible that your bank has processed the payment but not actually forwarded the funds to public mobile? Another user had this happen over New Years. Their bank waited until Monday to send the payment thus the autopay payment failed and the account was suspended because pm doesn't wait for payments that are not submitted "instantly". Call your bank to inquire about whether or not they forwarded the payment to pm at the time of the autopay charge (the earliest time being 2am eastern on the day of renewal.) If they have then contact customer support.

You may want to make a manual payment by choosing "other amount" and confirming and submitting the payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate. If it only adds the payment to your available funds then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Log out and reboot if necessary.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KD6  Why you are at My Account, What is the Account Status?  Active? or Suspended or Expired?

If Expired, then account may be still renewing?  

If Suspended, what do you see on Available Fund? $0 or an amount equals to your Plan amount?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

and What plan do you have ? $15?  

I know you cannot make outgoing calls, but can you receive incoming calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.