Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone locked up

earlecar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After two days I factory reset Motorola and need to refresh Public

14 REPLIES 14

@earlecar 

Very unusual. Remember the CCTS can help you if koodo refuses to refund your payment to pm.

earlecar

My problem solved. Koodo found a way to blockphone and take my first month payment to Public. I was able to unblock phone erase Koodo, and made second payment to Public to get phone on. Now I will go after Koodo to get my money back that they stole.

@softech wrote:

OP was so eager to solve his problem and opened 3 threads.. but never heard back since.. Let's hope this is a good sign .. 

@softech    Yes, it's more than possible that one of the earlier suggestions has already resolved the issue for OP since he hasn't come back to update.

OP was so eager to solve his problem and opened 3 threads.. but never heard back since.. Let's hope this is a good sign .. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@earlecar wrote:

did factory reset, phone locked no internet no out calls

@earlecar 

Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@earlecar   Where did you purchase your phone?  Retailer or private sale?

@earlecar wrote:

@earlecar 

Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@earlecar 

Could you reply to your post so we can help you further.

What do you mean 'phone is locked'?

What message do you get?

Is your phone unlocked in order to work with Any mobile service provider?

@computergeek541 

This and other 2 threads created by OP @earlecar should be merged.

All same issue.

@earlecar , instead of creating a new thread, try the reply button in the lower right.

@earlecar  from your 3 topics, we know you have a Moto phone.  

But what we don't know is what error message you got?  sound like you have a Carrier lock.  Was the phone used elsewhere without any problem at all?  did you ever use this particular phone in Public?

If it is a carrier lock, you might see an error like this:  "SIM network unlock PIN"   

If that is the case , you will have to go back to the carrier where you got your phone originally and ask for the unlock code.   They supposed to give it to you for free.  But if you no longer their customer, they might give you some trouble.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@earlecar wrote:

After two days I factory reset Motorola and need to refresh Public

What do you meant by refresh public?  Was the phone ever used in Pubic? Which carrier it was used before

update:  sorry, Oracle needs to combine OP 3 threads into one

@earlecar   what error message was that?  can you at least use the phone on Wifi or not at all?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What brand and model of phone do you have ?

Are you looking for a PUK code ?

Here is an explanation by one if the Oracles, Luddite.

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's CSA can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's CSA can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

earlecar

Need Help? Let's chat.