cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone is not ringing for incoming calls - going straight to voicemail

elanastacey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Since yesterday my phone has not been ringing when I have an incoming call. It is going straight to voicemail. I am able to make outgoing calls. I've tried powering my phone off and the issue persists. I am receiving text alerts and there is not problem with the volume or sound. I am paid up on my account. Help!

18 REPLIES 18

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your issue is connectivity at your cottage which is not related to this topic. PM uses the Telus network and they may not have strong coverage there, where as Bell does, so you need to switch to Bell if that is giving you a better signal there.

GaryHamilton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I have two different phones (IPhone and ZTE flip phone) on two different accounts.  The same thing is happening on both phones when at our cottage which is where my wife uses her phone most often.  I use my phone at various locations and in the car (handsfree).  It happens sometimes, and almost always at the cottage.  I have another work phone on another network (Bell) and it works fine at the cottage.

If this can not be resolved, I am going to have to change carriers. 

Please advise.

70challenger

can you get rid of the solution issue on your post for the community?

70challenger

no, not currently possible to try

elanastacey

Great news, everyone – my service was restored. I started a ticket and heard back right away from a CSA. The problem is with Telus and many PM customers in BC effected. I'm receiving calls again, woohoo! Thanks to you all for your suggestions. Sometimes there truly is nothing that can be done other than opening a ticket I guess!

Thanks @swasnea  for confirming this works.  This seems to be a big issue for many users lately

swasnea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mom had the same issue with her phone yesterday, and the only way we were able to resolve it was to pop the SIM out put it in another phone and then put it back in, which worked for her to get incoming calls. However we had left several test voicemails and when we call into voicemail it says there are no messages so now we have the calling resolve but not the voicemail issue. I have sent a PM in and will post when I hear a reply

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elanastacey on the post that you marked as soon. On the right of the post you'll see what looks sorta like little arrow pointing down. Click that then click not the solution.

70challenger: Did you try testing the sim in another phone and back?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on the symbol in the upper right of the post and remove solution or something like that.

70challenger

We have four phones on PM and one is effected, in BC too. The above solution is definitely not a solution.

elanastacey

sorry - somehow this post got accepted as a solution but it is not a solution at all! how can I reverse this?

elanastacey

I have checked all of the above and these are not the problems. The only thing I haven't done yet is the SIM card - will try that too.

elanastacey

Thanks everyone. I should add, this is definitely not a DND or a bluetooth issue, or a blocked number issue. It is happening with all incoming calls. They go straight to VM.

I do not have a spare phone to put a SIM into. Can't I just pop the SIM out and pop it back in?

Outgoing calls are working fine.

I opened a ticket and the CSA said that this is an issue currently in BC (I live in Vancouver). My husband's phone is not having this issue and he is with public mobile as well.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Best bet is if you have another phone doing the sun transfer.. Othersie you can try the various options in this thread but best option seems to be the swapping the sim to another phone and back again 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@elanastacey 

It seems that the Telus outage is still affecting more customers.

Try powering off the phone, remove the SIM tray, reseat the SIM, wait 2 minutes, slide the tray back into the phone and power on the phone.

You can also try putting the SIM in another phone and follow the above instructions then put the SIM back in the original phone.

If that fails, contact a CS_Agent to refresh the network setting for your SIM.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elanastacey  For all calls or just a particular number?

• Check if do not disturbed is on
  • If just particular numbers check if you did not accidentally put them on the block list. In your phone app.
  • Check if you accidentally hit call forwarding
  • Turn off Bluetooth. Sometimes, your phone's Bluetooth connection can get confused and think it's connected to a device when, in fact, it's not. You might have experienced this when you turn off Bluetooth earbuds, and audio does not switch to the phone's speaker. Instead, all you hear is silence.
  • Take sim card out and then put it back in.

•  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Put your SIM into another phone. That should trigger re-provisioning of your SIM/account and that might resolve your issue.

If issue is still not resolved you will have to contact agent for assistance.

You are NOT alone. Many people have similar issue lately.

What is happening with PM service?

Need Help? Let's chat.