cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone is not ringing for incoming calls - going straight to voicemail

elanastacey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Since yesterday my phone has not been ringing when I have an incoming call. It is going straight to voicemail. I am able to make outgoing calls. I've tried powering my phone off and the issue persists. I am receiving text alerts and there is not problem with the volume or sound. I am paid up on my account. Help!

16 REPLIES 16

dust2dust
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

70challenger: Did you try testing the sim in another phone and back?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elanastacey on the post that you marked as soon. On the right of the post you'll see what looks sorta like little arrow pointing down. Click that then click not the solution.

swasnea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mom had the same issue with her phone yesterday, and the only way we were able to resolve it was to pop the SIM out put it in another phone and then put it back in, which worked for her to get incoming calls. However we had left several test voicemails and when we call into voicemail it says there are no messages so now we have the calling resolve but not the voicemail issue. I have sent a PM in and will post when I hear a reply

Thanks @swasnea  for confirming this works.  This seems to be a big issue for many users lately

elanastacey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great news, everyone – my service was restored. I started a ticket and heard back right away from a CSA. The problem is with Telus and many PM customers in BC effected. I'm receiving calls again, woohoo! Thanks to you all for your suggestions. Sometimes there truly is nothing that can be done other than opening a ticket I guess!

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

no, not currently possible to try

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

can you get rid of the solution issue on your post for the community?