cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone can’t receive calls

lk1026
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just changed my phone plan and carriers and now i can make calls going out but i cannot receive calls coming in. what do i do? 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lk1026 

If you didn't reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it your port will have failed and you will need to reinitiate the port request. You can do this either by contacting customer support or by calling the telus porting department with your previous provider's account #. Make sure you put your old Sim card back in your phone so you can recieve the PAT to reply YES and authorize your port request. Your account has to be active to port out unless it's a telus or koodo account.

Check your private messages for the phone # to call to reinitiate your port request.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lk1026   try to reboot your phone once

if it still does not work, try to reseat your sim card (power off phone first, then take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power on)

and if it still fails, and if you have another phone around, test the PM sim card there.  It could force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the issue

if it still fails, then PM support is your friend, please open ticket with support using Chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@lk1026 @Did you port your number ? Did you reply yes to the confirmation text to port ? If yes to both did you restart your phone yet 

Need Help? Let's chat.