cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

others cannot call me

Jasoncool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't know why when others call my phone it will turn to Voicemail but which is not mine. So I cannot know if there is anyone call me. 

Besides, I also cannot send text and receive text. what's wrong with that!!!

9 REPLIES 9

HappyJack

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I have tried everything in this thread so far and I have just about given up on Public Mobile. Here are some of the things that happen.

1. Facebook messenger works with everyone.

2. My wife can voice call me, but my children can't. It goes automatically to a voicemail that is not mine, that I have no access to.

3. New contacts can sometimes reach me if I have called them first. It works 10% of the time. The rest of the time it goes to the same voicemail.

4. I can call out normally and it is listed in PB usage stats.

5. It may help you to know that the number was a landline, worked for years as a cell phone with Rogers, but not now.

Thank you for your help!

@HappyJack wrote:

I can't help you Jasoncool but I can tell you that I share in you misery. I have been trying to sort this out with Public Mobile for a month now with holiday and COVID interruptions. If you find a solution please let me know.

Hello, so NotSo@HappyJack ,

What seems to be going on with your plan/account/services?

edit

CountyDownIeUk, 

DND mode would only cause the phone to not make a ringing sound and as the customer wouldn't know the call was coming in, the call would go to voicemail. However, that couldn't cause the call to go to somebody else's voicemail.

HappyJack

I can't help you Jasoncool but I can tell you that I share in you misery. I have been trying to sort this out with Public Mobile for a month now with holiday and COVID interruptions. If you find a solution please let me know.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jasoncool wrote:

I don't know why when others call my phone it will turn to Voicemail but which is not mine. So I cannot know if there is anyone call me. 

@Jasoncool  hopefully, you can help us out with a bit more info. so we are not guessing...

But, I will take my guesses until then.

Perhaps you activated a Public Mobile SIM card and activated with a new number.

Now that new number is not working for you, and going to someone else.

It is possible Public Mobile assigned the number to you, but was already assigned to someone else. Although, this should not happen, it can and has happened.

If this is your scenario, the easiest way to help yourself, would be to log into your Self Serve account and select "Change Number" in the My Profile section.

Here you can change your phone number, at no cost (which you can do 4 times every 30 days if you wish).

Or, if you really want to see if you can keep this number, you could ask CSA's about this. Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

OR, if your situation is, you obtained a new phone and it is an iphone set up with a different number. Then deregister that number on the device.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Also, Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasoncool  Please provide more information such as what is your account status? Did you recently activate or request to port in your number? 

Check your DND settings. Do Not Disturb. 

If you are just new....did you port a number in?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jasoncool wrote:

Ok @Jasoncool , we're gonna need some additional information.

Are you a new customer who has just activated?

Did you get a new number, or port from another provider?

If you ARE new, and ported (moved) from another provider, did you respond "YES" to the port authorization you should have received from your past provider allowing your number to be transferred to Public Mobile?

When you sign into your self-serve account, does your status show active, or otherwise?

What happens when you call 611 from your mobile phone, what messaging do you hear?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jasoncool 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

Need Help? Let's chat.