cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving any incoming calls

tsandve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an outage in the Fraser Valley?  I have not been able to receive calls all day.  

I have tried all the fixes on the internet. So far nothing has worked.

5 REPLIES 5

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tsandve 

If you haven't been able to receive calls, how are you becoming aware that you haven't been able to receive calls?

Is the other user texting you or reaching you some other way?

Try these fixes if callers to you seem to be going through to voicemail directly:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

tsandve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.  I removed the sim card and installed in another phone and then back to mine.  That's the fix this time. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tsandve 

I had the same problem in the Vancouver today after the Telus outage.

Try powering off the phone, remove the SIM tray and leave out for 2 minutes, power the phone back on.

If that didn’t work, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the Community page so they can reset your network.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tsandve  - what are all the fixes you tried?

Does toggling into and out of airplane mode help at all?

You may also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

You may also try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

If this and other troubleshooting is not helping see if CSA can reset something on your account. 

Two ways to reach CSA here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tsandve   It seems there are a lot of network issues that causes the phone to disconnect from it.  Try swapping the SIM into a different phone and reboot and then back to the other phone and reboot.  That seems to be the workaround for most experiencing this issue over the last couple of days.

Need Help? Let's chat.