cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card and new phone number after phone stolen

guelphdad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a couple of questions and wonder if i can get help. after my phone was recently stolen i locked it out on my account page. i see there is a way to get a new SIM card but i would also like to change my phone number for security reasons.

Can I get some assistance with that please?

5 REPLIES 5

guelphdad

DISREGARD - I LOGGED OUT AND BACK IN, THE NEW SIM NUMBER IS THERE

Hi folks just following up here. I have my new sim card. Logged back in to the Lost/Stolen and updated the SIM card number. i get an error message that says the SIM card number is not valid. I'm using the one on the chip itself so not sure why it would show not valid. Ideas? I got an email reply back that said I had successfully changed the SIM to the new number but in my account itself it still shows that I have the old SIM number.

guelphdad

Thanks, I will follow those suggestions.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @guelphdad   Yes, get a new Sim card first

Then open ticket with PM CS agent to get back into My Account page

Once you are there, you can Change Sim card request and then Change phone number after

To open ticket to get back access to My Account:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@guelphdad 

Not quite. Resume your services via lost/stolen. Change your sim card using the 2FA email option. Once you have successfully swapped out your sim card you can then change your phone # in your self serve account.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi after you change your sim card and go back in and click on lost/stolen again , you can change your number,it can all be done in your account 

Need Help? Let's chat.