cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim activation on iPhone PM app

dr16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone 5S, new SIM, have account, paid CAD15 service, PM App installed, loaded many times only blank page to eversafe.id.telus.com, cannot activate my phone/sim.

14 REPLIES 14

dr16

Nothing else worked, only the PM agent was able to fix it.

Thanks

dr16

Thank you for your time, an agent helped with my activation.

Have a good day

@Priority- If you click on a clickable username it comes up with this page. If you don't see this there then they have turned off private messages.

dust2dust_0-1693058821394.png

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dr16 have you tried using a different browsing App like Google Chrome or DuckDuckGo.

@LitlLdy I tried to message you, are PM off again?

@dr16 wrote:

Physical SIM, iOS12.5.7, battery still good, no reason to toss it away for newer model.

Uninstall and reinstall PM app didn't help, got same blank page when switching to eversave.id.telus

@dr16 , I installed the app on my 6s to see if it behaved differently than my newer phone but it doesn’t! I wish I could figure out why the app is behaving that way for you! 😔

Please send a private message to CS_Agent & ask for help to get your service working. Let Us know how it goes. I would really like to know!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

dr16

Physical SIM, iOS12.5.7, battery still good, no reason to toss it away for newer model.

Uninstall and reinstall PM app didn't help, got same blank page when switching to eversave.id.telus

@LitlLdy 

Thanks for the update on your iOS for the iPhone 6S. I thought the iPhone 6S latest update was iOS 12.5.6…I will amend my response to reflect this.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Yes, only the iPhone 8 to iPhone 14 with have the latest iOS 16.6. But when iOS 17 comes out in September, Apple will drop iOS support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone X so they will only have iOS 16.6 or maybe iOS 16.7 if Apple decide to extend it for another month.

The latest for iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S latest update is 12.5.6 (it won’t receive any more than 12.5.6) and the iPhone 7 latest update is 15.7.

The OP might be on an older iOS than iOS 12.5.6.

@BKNS27 , thank you for the explanation 😃 My iPhone 6s has iOS 15.7.8 ! It still looks brand new but battery not much good anymore & likely won’t get more updates!

I’m going to download the PM app on it to see if it gives any issues like Op has!

@LitlLdy 

Yes, only the iPhone 8 to iPhone 14 with have the latest iOS 16.6. But when iOS 17 comes out in September, Apple will drop iOS support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone X so they will only have iOS 16.6 or maybe iOS 16.7 if Apple decide to extend it for another month.

The latest for iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 latest update is iOS 12.5.6 (it won’t receive any more than 12.5.6) and the iPhone 6S latest update is iOS 15.6.8 and iPhone 7 latest update is 15.7.

The OP might be on an older iOS than iOS 12.5.6.

@softech wrote:

Last OS for iPhone 5s is iOS 12.5.7

@softech , thank you. I wondered where 5s stopped! My 6s goes as far as 15.7.8 !

Last OS for iPhone 5s is iOS 12.5.7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@dr16 

Is your iPhone 5S on the latest iOS 12.5.6 update?

It may need the latest update to operate.

@BKNS27 , the latest iOS update is 16.6 but 5s may not get it though! My 6s won’t but my 14 Pro will!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dr16 

Is your iPhone 5S on the latest iOS 12.5.6 update?

It may need the latest update to operate.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@dr16 

did you try to uninstall and reinstall?

you are using eSIM or physical sim?

if uninstall and reinstall app does not work, you need to submit ticket for PM agent.  You need to app to finish installation

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.