cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my sim card comes up as invalid ...why?

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as always:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TonyE wrote:

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as always:)


Let me see if I fully understand this

 

You had an account with sim 1.

You went into self serv, and said "change sim" and inserted the number from Sim 2?


If you did that, sim 1 has been destroyed.


Once a sim is registered to an account, then deregistered / expired it can no longer be used again.

 

 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TonyE wrote:

Hi I am trying to sign up my son to PM. When I signed up my wifea few days ago I had two brand new sim cards. I put one in her phone but I had alot of problems with my old provider not unlocking my phone but just to be safe I took the first sim card out and switched to the 2nd SIM card. Now I am trying to use the 1st SIM in my son's phone and it is coming up invalid when we try to sign up. Does anyone know why? Did I burn out the 1st SIM card by trying it first in my wife's phone and then switching it out? Will it ever work again and how do I quickly get it working in my son's phone? thanks for your help as always:)


Let me see if I fully understand this

 

You had an account with sim 1.

You went into self serv, and said "change sim" and inserted the number from Sim 2?


If you did that, sim 1 has been destroyed.


Once a sim is registered to an account, then deregistered / expired it can no longer be used again.

 

 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Sim card can be used without burnout.  

Is your other phone locked or unlocked from other provider?

 

Also you can test the NON working sim card on other phone, if one of your sim card works on both phone, and second sim card ONLY works on one, that means one of your sim card is defective.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Check to see if your son's phone is locked to a different cell provider.

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well that sucks...all these things a person has to learn but how  do you? Thanks for your help.

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

 


@TonyE wrote:

We are just the point of putting the 19 digits for the SIM card into the "get started" part and as soon as you do it comes up as "invalid SIM card"


Did you already register this sim card previously to another account?

 

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupid:)

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

 


@TonyE wrote:

Yes when I was starting up my wifes account but having problems. Oh well live long and die stupid:)


No worries, they are only $10 🙂

 

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes but dunkgirl 10$ is 10$ 😞