cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP ASAP

InfiniteParadox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i ported my number today and my old line is cancelled and the new pm one isn't working. I received a sms error saying there was a mess up with the port.

can a mod help me out with this?

i would like a refund if i cant get the number.

And also what happens to my current sim if port doesnt work and if its not "tied" to a cell number?

5 REPLIES 5

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sounds like you canceled your line with freedom first ... (that is not a port ... that is a cancellation).

A port requires your plan to be active with provider A and when you sign up with provider B, provider B takes control of your number with their plan, Provider A gets a notice and their service is canceled then. this way you keep your number. 

But you chose to cancel first making the port have no way to process.

Shaz gave you options to fix, but in the future do not cancel the first provider first ... it is all done automatticaly in the back end. 

Hello @InfiniteParadox

Thank you for sending the info, 

After taking a look, I see that your line is no longer active with Freedom and this is the reason why the port hasn't completed yet. 

You now have two options: 

-Either temporarily activate your line with them in order for the port to go through. 

or 

-Pick a new phone number with us. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

InfiniteParadox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i sent a pm to two of them. sorry for my impatience, just fustrated

@InfiniteParadox making multiple posts doesn't make it quicker.  Have you sent a Private Message to the moderators yet?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@InfiniteParadox  I've tagged a mod below.  To speed up the process send them a private message with all your account info and relevant details and they will help soon.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.